Testing date for children and adults

llarsen

Just want to confirm with others before advising our large family reunion group when to test.

Our cruise sets sail on a Thursday.

Vaccinated guests must test 2 days prior to sailing. They can test on Tuesday? Rapid Antigen is accepted?

For Vaccinated Guests:

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Unvaccinated (children in our case)  must have a PCR test 72-48hrs prior to sailing. They can test on Monday? It says 72-48hrs but then mentions by days (not hours) in their example.

For Unvaccinated guests:

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.

Please advise that my information I am giving them is correct.

Vaccinated can test on Tuesday, Rapid Test is accepted.

Unvaccinated children can test on Monday, must be PCR test.

Thank you!

We just sailed Mon 9/26. We did our sons PCR test at 1030am Fri at labcorp and got the results by 6pm Sat. The test when you get to the port is a breeze but we had an issue with the testing before we left the ship. The covid test before leaving the ship is done the day before you debark by "trained" Carnival staff. When we took my son to get tested, the women only swabbed one nostril, maybe 5 times max. Now im not an expert but i did have to administer our sons first test and i was instructions to swab both nostrils for 15 seconds each. I asked this women "are you sure you dont need to do both nostrils" she said that he was fine.....expect for 20 mins later we all get called over the loudspeaker on the ship. Turns out they messed his test up, so now our 2 year old had to go get tested for a 4th time in 7 days. Normally the staff is fantastic but the medical staff was very unapologetic about messing up our sons test when it could have been easily avoided. Sorry i unloaded a bit...just make sure that they swab both nostrils when they test your little ones on board 🙂

7 hours ago, matymil said:

We just sailed Mon 9/26. We did our sons PCR test at 1030am Fri at labcorp and got the results by 6pm Sat. The test when you get to the port is a breeze but we had an issue with the testing before we left the ship. The covid test before leaving the ship is done the day before you debark by "trained" Carnival staff. When we took my son to get tested, the women only swabbed one nostril, maybe 5 times max. Now im not an expert but i did have to administer our sons first test and i was instructions to swab both nostrils for 15 seconds each. I asked this women "are you sure you dont need to do both nostrils" she said that he was fine.....expect for 20 mins later we all get called over the loudspeaker on the ship. Turns out they messed his test up, so now our 2 year old had to go get tested for a 4th time in 7 days. Normally the staff is fantastic but the medical staff was very unapologetic about messing up our sons test when it could have been easily avoided. Sorry i unloaded a bit...just make sure that they swab both nostrils when they test your little ones on board 🙂

What was the procedure for getting your child on the exempt list? Have a cruise in January and I'm paranoid my daughter isn't going to get on the list.

9 hours ago, PeterPanic said:

What was the procedure for getting your child on the exempt list? Have a cruise in January and I'm paranoid my daughter isn't going to get on the list.

We got it 40 days out. You have to put it for it one the website but as far as i know most kids got it. By Jan theres a chance that kids 5 and up could be vaccinated so if your child is younger than that then theres no way they wont make the exemption list.

12 hours ago, llarsen said:

Thank you for that information. That is a lot of testing for a 2 year old! I will make sure they swab both nostrils. Which ship were you on? I hope you had a wonderful cruise! 🙂

The Magic tbh after 30 seconds he was fine its just tough to watch him go through that

9 hours ago, matymil said:

We got it 40 days out. You have to put it for it one the website but as far as i know most kids got it. By Jan theres a chance that kids 5 and up could be vaccinated so if your child is younger than that then theres no way they wont make the exemption list.

I’m 45 days out and haven’t seen or heard anything about my 5yr old and 1 1/2yr old exemption. Is it an email they send ?

20 hours ago, PeterPanic said:

They are not allowing exemption requests for Jan/Feb right now.  If you read a couple of other threads they released protocols for Jan/Feb and they are waiting to find out if kids over 5 can be vaccinated by the end of the year and if so there will be no exemptions for kids over 5

We are 28 days out and have not heard anything on our Exemption for the children.

I called twice and they cannot give me any information. They say we should receive it within 14 days of sailing.

I think I know why...a lot of people do not fill out the Health Assessment Vaccine Survey until Check In and they don't know how many are vaccinated until everyone answers the question.

12 hours ago, gizbug said:

I’m 45 days out and haven’t seen or heard anything about my 5yr old and 1 1/2yr old exemption. Is it an email they send ?

If you're 45 days out that would put you in 2021 still right? I wouldnt worry until you get under a month honestly, then maybe call. But yeah like the other poster said, you cant apply for exemptions for 2022 yet. I have a Feb cruise and we arent able to

11 hours ago, matymil said:

If you're 45 days out that would put you in 2021 still right? I wouldnt worry until you get under a month honestly, then maybe call. But yeah like the other poster said, you cant apply for exemptions for 2022 yet. I have a Feb cruise and we arent able to

Thanks. Cruise is over Thanksgiving this year.