Elite/Platinum Happy Hour on Royal Princess?

3 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

Curious to know if the Royal Princess has an Elite/Platinum Happy Hour on the ship and if they do where is it held?

Me too. We are scheduled to cruise on her in 2023 to NZ. I think we are on the same cruise, 19 Feb 23?

21 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Me too. We are scheduled to cruise on her in 2023 to NZ. I think we are on the same cruise, 19 Feb 23?

Yes we are on that cruise. We are John & Eileen and have been waiting a long time to start cruising again. Live in Port Macquarie.

I am not a fan of the Royal Class ships, too big, too many pax, no walk around promenade deck, too many shops, tiny balconies, no Sky Walkers lounge.  Anyway I leave it to those going on the Royal Princess for their own opinion. Everyone looks for different things on a ship.

Give me ye olde Grand Class Princess ships any day.

Edited by NSWP

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am not a fan of the Royal Class ships, too big, too many pax, no walk around promenade deck, too many shops, tiny balconies, no Sky Walkers lounge.  Anyway I leave it to those going on the Royal Princess for their own opinion. Everyone looks for different things on a ship.

Give me ye olde Grand Class Princess ships any day.

I agree. I'd still cruise on them as a last resort though. And after the cruise we did on Ruby Princess I never want to cruise on one of those extended Grand Class ships again. The public areas just aren't big enough for the extra passengers they carry.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sailaway John said:

Yes we are on that cruise. We are John & Eileen and have been waiting a long time to start cruising again. Live in Port Macquarie.

This will be the third time our cruise has been changed. Lets hope it goes ahead this time. 🤞

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I agree. I'd still cruise on them as a last resort though. And after the cruise we did on Ruby Princess I never want to cruise on one of those extended Grand Class ships again. The public areas just aren't big enough for the extra passengers they carry.

Yes, last resort the Royal Class.  I have been on both the Super Grands - Ruby and Crown Princesses which have that additional passenger cabin deck which impacts on public area space. The standard Grand Class are good.  My favourite Princess ships currently, which I have been on are Coral and Sapphire.

But at the end of the day any cruise ship would be acceptable to me now, even P&O Straya, lol.

The Whale watch boat from Eden will have to do for now, on it again in a couple of weeks.  Sea and weather conditions permitting, some big seas down there.  So the new information centre/cruise terminal is already to welcome cruise ships to Eden, it is bigger than it looks, very spacious and long.  The whale watch boat goes from there too.

eden-welcome-centre_davidrogersphotography-0936-3.jpg.f0810c272b232c8f6715b0e7d3998dae.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes, last resort the Royal Class.  I have been on both the Super Grands - Ruby and Crown Princesses which have that additional passenger cabin deck which impacts on public area space. The standard Grand Class are good.  My favourite Princess ships currently, which I have been on are Coral and Sapphire.

Diamond is the only one left that I like of the ones I've been on, but since I like her I'd probably like Sapphire. I'm looking forward to trying Coral - in March or in April 23 or ... 

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Diamond is the only one left that I like of the ones I've been on, but since I like her I'd probably like Sapphire. I'm looking forward to trying Coral - in March or in April 23 or ... 

I think you might like the Coral, she is a nice ship, we did the Panama Canal on her in November 2015.

• Like 1