Barbados Cruise Terminal - Is there WiFi

Mrk2868

Before Britannia departs on it's Caribbean Cruise it's due to spend a day moored up in the Barbados Cruise Terminal  Is there WiFi?  How well does it work (I hope it's better than the satellite WIFI aboard the ship).

Will it still work if you stay on the boat?  it my understanding the Barbados Authorities are only allowing people off for organized trips.  

There is rather poor free wifi available in the terminal but, and the big but is, that once a fair number have logged in it becomes impossible to get on. Best time is as early in the morning as possible but even so do not rely too much on the signal quality.  And no, you will not be able to access the signal from the ship.

My wife and I were last in Barbados at the back end of 2019. There was WiFi in the terminal, but the terminal was very busy, and logging into it was difficult to say the least, so much so that we gave up trying. If we couldn't get onto it in the terminal, I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting onto it from the ship. However, things may have changed since then - there may not be so many passengers in the terminal and the WiFi may have been upgraded. I wish you luck!

Bob

Only place I know of is where you pick up taxis is a bar, I think it's called Coconut Bar and Grill, where you get free wifi if you buy a drink and it worked ok for us despite a busy bar. At least that was the deal in November 2019. 

Edited by kenhem
Update

1 hour ago, kenhem said:

Only place I know of is where you pick up taxis is a bar, I think it's called Coconut Bar and Grill, where you get free wifi if you buy a drink and it worked ok for us despite a busy bar. At least that was the deal in November 2019. 

But at the moment it seems you can only leave the ship to go on an organised ship tour

So in summary, although there is WiFi, it's very poor.  And one really needs to get of the ship, except that the Barbados authorises are only allowing people off for organised tours - such is life. 

Thank you to everyone who has responded.  

On 10/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, kenhem said:

This one?.

IMG_20181207_085305.jpg