WiFi Plans

JaniceB

Does anyone know if the Value Wi-Fi plan lets you listen to Amazon music or SiriusXM app for music?  I don't want to watch videos, just music in our cabin.

It says Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify or Netflix). 

I would guess that Amazon Music and SiriusXM would fall under music streaming even though it only calls out Spotify... almost the same as asking if Hulu is the same as Netflix. 

That being said, we did have access to music from our stateroom TV on our recent Panorama sailing. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Does anyone know if the Value Wi-Fi plan lets you listen to Amazon music or SiriusXM app for music?  I don't want to watch videos, just music in our cabin.

It says Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify or Netflix). 

I am on the Carnival Elation as we speak. I paid for the Value Plan. I usually pay for the faster plan. My experience is that I do not see any difference at all between the two plans. I watch Amazon Prime video, I watch Pluto TV. I see You Tube. I won't pay extra for the big plan again. On this 5 day cruise, an upgrade to the "better" plan is only $20 so there was little risk here. But I get everything with this Value plan.

As a caveat, I do use a VPN. It is possible that the VPN allows me access to these sites. But the speed of this Value plan is 15mps, the "better" plan on Carnival Magic last month was 11mps.

The only problem I experience with either plan is inconsistency. Sometimes the wifi just goes out for a few moments.

But i am happy to save the money and get the same experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1