Booking a Spa Massage On Boarding Day? Love it or Hate it?

Hello All,

I know that most ships have "tours" of the spa prior to sail away with raffles to get perks if you are present for the drawing. But I was wondering if it's "odd" to get a massage say at 2 or 3pm when the sail away is at 5:30? Has anyone ever done it and regretted the timing with the "extra foot track" prior to sailing plus the spa folks trying to have ppl sign up for the raffle or was it totally bliss b/c they keep everyone away from the more private areas and you felt like it was the perfect time and get your cruise started asap with a massage? I'm trying to figure out a massage booking as a surprise for DH. Thanks! 

Have to admit I've never even considered a massage on embarkation day. I'd much rather explore the ship and get settled into my cabin. We almost always do our massages later in the cruise on a sea day. Or occasionally on a port day if it's a place we aren't interested in.

I didn't know they even had spa services available before sail away.

• Like 2

@mom says yes, Carnival does. Now it would be wonderful if they were reduced rates knowing that there might be more foot traffic and I'm with YOU on getting settled in and exploring the ship but DH and DS aren't really into that. That is why I was thinking of booking the first massage of the cruise on that day. I already booked him for two other types on each sea day. Like I said...he's all about them....not me! LOL

I have no interest in the services of the spa on embarkation day.  A stop there to make whatever bookings I want during the cruise is all I want to do at that venue on that day.

As a suggestion for your two males, have they ever experienced a mini-facial and shave at a spa?  I had two during my last cruise and really enjoyed them.  A guest whom I got to know said when she saw me "your face is glowing" afterwards.  

• Like 1

@rkacruiser I have not ever thought of that for my two guys BUT I don't think it would go over too great b/c DS hardly has any facial hair for a shave and DH has a full beard and is very particular on how he trims it. He is totally into Massages and I asked already on the Carnival Board about that "Father Time" son/dad massage since it's only for 13-17 year olds and DS will be 17 at the time of sailing so he can experience a massage for the first time....but nobody (that I have noticed yet) have given me any feedback on that service. 

But thank you very much for the mini-facial and shave suggestion, I appreciate you taking the time to suggest it! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...