Any Canadians cruise to Mexico lately?

kaerofan

Just booked today for end of Jan but have been wondering that also. Booked anyway, hoping for the fully vaxed the feds will give up on the PCR test requirement by then. If not, will have to sort out something. I left us an extra day in LA after just in case we need the time. 

3 hours ago, kaerofan said:

Just curious if any Canadians have done the Mexican cruise recently, and if so, how the process was as far as testing to get back into Canada?

Princess is doing any required test post-cruise, and you disembark first.  Expect a tent area setup to take and process samples.  Allow up to an hour of time to do test and get result.

We are sailing soon on the Grand Cabo cruise. My DH has to fly to Canada the day after we disembark and will need a PCR test. We plan on having him take the PCR test outside the terminal as @Steelers36 (great team BTW) stated above. I will be doing a live review so I’ll let you know how it goes. 😉

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess is doing any required test post-cruise, and you disembark first.  Expect a tent area setup to take and process samples.  Allow up to an hour of time to do test and get result.

Since you have done this before, it is the PCR test? Free? 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Since you have done this before, it is the PCR test? Free? 

Thanks.

Have not done it before with Princess as we have not cruised since Covid-19.  Princess is providing it free.  They were originally doing it on-board, but are now moving it to shoreside at the pier and with a quick turnaround.  If you need PCR (and so far, Canada is still insisting on it), then that is what they will do.  The info is on Princess.com and has been covered in various posts here.

I was just on the Grand and got my PCR done onboard.   I went to Guest Services to change my debark time to an earlier one because I expected to do as Princess states on their website and debark sheet - get luggage, exit terminal, get test.  Guest Services asked if I wanted to have it done onboard (of course!) and I made an appt. at the medical centre.  Easy.  It was a pleasant surprise and I am happy I asked.  Only place testing was being done at San Pedro is beside the Iowa - a far distance to go dragging luggage.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have not done it before with Princess as we have not cruised since Covid-19.

Same here. I've three cruises booked for May to August 2022. Fingers crossed.

I do recommend that Canadians prepare a contingency plan. I flavor the test facility at airports. Will have a quick RT-PCR test ($$$), often no appointment needed. You can pick up a hard copy prior to check-in if the email doesn't reach you.

I do have a warning about ArrivCan. I didn't get the process right. I received a receipt, but it failed to show that I was fully vax. As a result, I received email notifications and threats every day, until Day 13 when I was contacted by a human.

I was unable to correct their database by phone or online!!!

The correct procedure has to be followed exactly. The ArrivCan application has two dockets to upload your vax report for Dose One and Dose Two. My BC pdf contains info on both doses in a single document. So, upload this pdf to BOTH dockets.

Your receipt should show the designation 'I” for Immunized. The border agent at the Canadian airport will check your actual document and confirm your vax status... “No quarantine. Exit through the purple line”. Unfortunately, border services does not update the ArrivCan database.

Bon Voyage.