Best Hotel to stay pre cruise

macfam5

Hi Fellow cruisers, we will be staying in NOLA 2 nights prior to our cruise in February. Looking at what everyone recommends for a hotel, we would like to be in walking distance to some must sees. I see many like the Hilton Riverside as it is walking distance to the pier. Any advice is appreciated 

On 10/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, macfam5 said:

Looking at what everyone recommends for a hotel, we would like to be in walking distance to some must sees. I see many like the Hilton Riverside as it is walking distance to the pier. Any advice is appreciated 

"Best hotel" is way too broad here. New Orleans has many fine places to stay, too many to just ramble off. What is your budget? Any must haves in a hotel?

If price is no object the new Four Seasons, The Ritz Carlton right on the edge of the French Quarter, or the Windsor Court are going to be the best, no compromise, hotels available from a quality and location standpoint.

If price is more of a consideration there are others. But give us an idea of what you are looking for. 

We too will be staying two nights pre cruise in February.  And to give you a bit more information in OUR case, we would like a river view?  we have previously stayed at the Lowes, Marriott Waterfront, and even Harrah's (we ARE bog gamblers but were not fans of the hotel or its facilities)....so are looking for insight from those of you with more experience....

Cost is not a factor....and we would again only be there for two nights pre-cruise.....

Thanks!

11 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Cost is not a factor....and we would again only be there for two nights pre-cruise.....

If you want a river view and cost is not a factor-- you would be very happy at the new Four Seasons. Its not cheap but they do a very nice job. Stunning renovation of an older high rise, right on the river, and right across the street from Harrahs. Pretty much brand new inside. 

We use Loews as it is close enough to Harrahs for a quick gambling "fix" and enjoy the views and service.  I DID think about trying the "new and improved" Four Seasons though!  But so far have Lowes booked again.....we also enjoyed a late dinner there one night. 

22 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

I DID think about trying the "new and improved" Four Seasons though! 

Its a bit better than new and improved-- the renovation they did is stunning. On par with 5 star hotels in New York. I have a warm place in my heart for the Ritz Carlton (which is admittedly not AS nice as the Four Seasons in New Orleans) but for river views you would be hard pressed to find a nice place to stay. 

• 5 weeks later...

First time sailing out of New Orleans / Glory Feb 22,  so hoping someone can suggest a reasonably priced hotel to stay in the night before the cruise that provides transfers to the port... or a hotel close by the port,  thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...