Vaccine requirement extension?

pbenjamin

I just got a call from my PCC.  The vaccine requirement has been extended indefinitely.

Given the continued public health concerns and our commitment to protecting guests, crew and the communities we visit, we are extending our vaccination policy requirement for the foreseeable future. 

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

• Like 2

We just got an emailed letter from NCL this morning for our January cruise to let us know we are required to be fully vaccinated. 

November 3, 2021 Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We have been working tirelessly to provide you with the safest cruise experience possible by further refining our health and safety protocols as well as by requiring everyone who sails with us - both guests and crew - to be fully vaccinated. Given existing public health concerns and our commitment to protect guests, crew and the communities we visit, we are extending our vaccination policy requirement indefinitely.

With guidance from globally recognized experts including our SailSAFE Panel led by former Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration Dr. Scott Gottlieb, we will require all guests and crew to 1) be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to departure, 2) acknowledge vaccination status prior to sailing and 3) present proof of vaccination at the pier at embarkation in order to board. Guests who are not old enough to be vaccinated per the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Health Organization (WHO) and European Medicines Agency (EMA) are not permitted to sail. For additional details about our vaccine requirement and our robust SailSAFE health and safety program, please visit www.ncl.com/safe. For information about specific travel requirements by country, please visit https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country. Please rest assured that we will continue to evolve our health and safety protocols as new science and technology comes to light as well as additional knowledge of COVID-19 becomes available.

Further, as government regulations change, so will our health and safety protocols to ensure compliance as needed. This may mean different protocols from ship-to-ship based on local requirements. We encourage you to learn more about the efforts we are making, and how to prepare for your upcoming voyage by visiting http://www.ncl.com/prepare-for-your-cruise-2022. We are committed to keeping you apprised of any policy changes as far in advance of your scheduled vacation as possible. We thank you for your patience, understanding and support as we address the continued challenges posed by COVID-19 to deliver a safe vacation experience. We can’t wait to see you back onboard! Thank you, Norwegian Cruise Lin  

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 3

At least there is some clarity, but we may be looking elsewhere for holidays next year now.

Edit: Actually, maybe not. There is some hope that the UK will allow second doses for kids fairly soon. Fingers crossed.

Edited by KeithJenner

7 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We just got an emailed letter from NCL this morning for our January cruise to let us know we are required to be fully vaccinated. 

I received the same letter for my February 13th cruise out of Miami.  For me and my travel partners it is not a problem since we are all vaccinated but I am on day 15 of my breakthrough covid experience and I will say even a mild case is no walk in the park. I wouldn't personally want this with a naïve immune system. 

I wouldn't want to be stuck on a cruise ship and feel like I have the past 15 days. I am hoping this give me a little immunity boost and I will follow up as soon as I am recovered with my booster shot.  I never really worried about Covid going on the cruise after I was vaccinated but this made me realize it can happen to anyone vaccinated or not.