Celebrity COVID-19 assistance now extended to April 30th sailings

schiff1997

Covid-19 Assistance

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party.

27 minutes ago, thon said:

Just out of curiosity, what cruise are you on them?  We’re on the March 28 Silhouette one.

March 13 Equinox. Unfortunate timing for the flight down because of March break, but it was a Lift & Shift from earlier this year and was the only sailing that met the L&S parameters.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:05 AM, schiff1997 said:

Covid-19 Assistance

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party.

I have been digging through the insurance threads trying to figure out if Celebrity's 'COVID-19 Assistance' program covers quarantine in FL should you test positive on your PCR test taken on the last sea day (required for re-entry to Canada). Theoretically, since the test is given onboard and you receive your results onboard, would this not meet the requirements for the 3rd bullet? "If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise..." Anyone have any confirmation/clarity on this?

Being in Alberta, it's proven to be difficult to find an insurance provider willing to cover quarantine costs in FL post-cruise, if we receive a positive PCR test result. This is the one thing preventing us from pulling the trigger on a holiday sailing in December...

Edited by jaynne2001

My interpretation would be the same as yours, and I've read nothing here or on the Celebrity board that would suggest otherwise. On the other hand, I don't recall a case where there was a positive reading from one of these tests, so there's really nothing concrete to go by. FWIW, I do have confidence in Celebrity keeping with the policy as written.

15 minutes ago, jaynne2001 said:

I have been digging through the insurance threads trying to figure out if Celebrity's 'COVID-19 Assistance' program covers quarantine in FL should you test positive on your PCR test taken on the last sea day (required for re-entry to Canada). Theoretically, since the test is given onboard and you receive your results onboard, would this not meet the requirements for the 3rd bullet? "If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise..." Anyone have any confirmation/clarity on this?

Being in Alberta, it's proven to be difficult to find an insurance provider willing to cover quarantine costs in FL post-cruise, if we receive a positive PCR test result. This is the one thing preventing us from pulling the trigger on a holiday sailing in December...

Screenshot_20211029-161140_Drive.thumb.jpg.ba1f5fa4ba3c8606583d38a80954d99a.jpg

Edited by schiff1997

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

My interpretation would be the same as yours, and I've read nothing here or on the Celebrity board that would suggest otherwise. On the other hand, I don't recall a case where there was a positive reading from one of these tests, so there's really nothing concrete to go by. FWIW, I do have confidence in Celebrity keeping with the policy as written.

Thank you! Glad to hear that I'm not necessarily reading that incorrectly. It does sound like they may well cover your quarantine costs if you received a positive result.

Like you, I haven't been able to find any threads or information indicating how many people receive positive results and subsequently, how that's handled by Celebrity, post-cruise...I'd certainly feel better if I had some anecdotal evidence to go by.

8 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

Doesn’t look like airfare will be covered if it is not booked through Celebrity, at least that is my interpretation 

Thank you for sharing the T&C's. Again, it does appear to read as though they would cover your 'quarantine' costs, should the test be positive...might have to bite the bullet and call for confirmation/clarity.

I'm not as worried about the airfare, as Air Canada, WestJet etc. all have flexible change policies, so you could likely change your flights, if you received a positive result and had to stay for an additional 14 days...

Glad to hear our March 8th cruise will know be covered.

My question is if we get COVID on the ship and we require hospitalization will Celebrity cover that cost?

We are staying in Florida for three months so I am not that concerned with trip cancellation or Quarantine costs, I am more worried that even though we are fully vaccinated the hospital costs could be quite significant.

We have our travel insurance with CAA (underwritten by Orion) and they will not cover any costs related to COVID while cruising while the travel advisory is in place.