Any UK cruisers sailing from Florida in December

Chewbecca

Have you worked out the requirements to fly yet?

And worked out how where you will get your pre-cruise test? We’re flying in just over 2 days early so won’t be able to do the pre cruise test before departure. 

Or, am I being premature trying to get organised- wait for clearer guidance on flights and for something from X to help with the pre-cruise testing?

(We’re on Edge on 12 Dec btw)

I don't have a definite answer but there is a thread about Walgreens testing on page 1 . Maybe look at their website for info, CVS another chemist type store also do it .

I don't know if you are sailing from Miami or FT Lauderdale but I googled Antigen test Ft Lauderdale and lots of places came up or post your query on the Florida departures section

We are January and also have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise.

We plan to take an antigen test (either at home or at LGW, which is just up the road) 2 days before our flight. 

We will then take a rapid antigen test at Heathrow (Express Test) before our flight on the day, which will cover the cruise. The test centre opens at 7am and we fly at 10.40.

We are not brave enough to leave it all to the day in case there are staff shortages, problems with testing etc.

we’re sailing from FL.

There are many places where we can book tests, absolutely, plus we have a relative there to help.

I guess I am looking to find out experiences of cruisers who are also planning their trip.

I’ve read some suggestions that X will be in touch with UK cruisers pre-cruise to arrange - perhaps earlier cruisers have experienced this? 

If brits have booked their own test locally - what was your experience booking it (how far in advance was necessary), what was the best price you found? Did you have any other issues not being a US citizen?

*rachiem* why the test 2 days before the flight?  The guidance post November isn’t consistent yet but it is looking like no test needed for fully vaccinated flyers? 

Edited by Chewbecca

Thanks emmasgran.

Given we are allowed to fly from 8 November, I figured people from the UK might be planning their travel soon and want to share their experiences and swap info. They might have been contacted by X for example.

We are travelling in March and keeping an eye on it. Someone posted a company called Fast Test which has offices in Fort Lauderdale.

https://fasttestnow.com/index.php

However I like the idea of doing it at Heathrow. We fly out Saturday for a Monday cruise. Looking at tomorrow in Terminal 5 departures there is lots of availability. Mind who knows the situation in March!

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/

We're on Equinox Jan 30th and will be flying out the day before after staying overnight at Heathrow. So long as the testing requirement is still a rapid antigen test then we should be able to take these either at East Midlands airport on our way down or at Heathrow, although I hate to leave it to the day of the flight. The same test will suffice for boarding if I've read it correctly. Keeping everything crossed that Mr Biden doesn't change his mind. Being triple vaccinated it all feels a complete nonsense. As my doctor said to me months ago, just because you get a negative test today , doesn't mean you will get the same tomorrow!