Jump to content

Ancient Wonders Of The Black Sea. May 2022


woodcritic
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Some people have been getting phone calls. I gather Instanbul has gone as well which is a bummer.

 

Why not email  us all at once. Will take ages to ring us.

 

I would also need time to think about new intinerary. If they think I will say yes or no without time to think no way.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would appear that some people are notified before others. This being the case, It would be greatly appreciated if anybody who learns of the new itinerary could post a note on this page. Many thanks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you. It saved a few minutes on the phone when Saga contacted me. Apparently the  excursions are currently not likely to be on MySaga until 5/6 May as they still have some to sort out. Disappointing that there is no reduction in the price - justified on the grounds that there are 2 extra ports and one extra included excursion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, david05 said:

Thank you. It saved a few minutes on the phone when Saga contacted me. Apparently the  excursions are currently not likely to be on MySaga until 5/6 May as they still have some to sort out. Disappointing that there is no reduction in the price - justified on the grounds that there are 2 extra ports and one extra included excursion.

 

Did they expect a decision over the phone, I  hope not.

 

As Truro001 said not much time to think about another holiday.  This may be our first and last Saga cruise.  A pity as ihgten blog and others make the actual  experience on the ship sound very nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't have to make an immediate decision. If you say yes to the new itinerary now but change your mind over the weekend that's also fine you just have to ring them back early next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

 

Did they expect a decision over the phone, I  hope not.

 

As Truro001 said not much time to think about another holiday.  This may be our first and last Saga cruise.  A pity as ihgten blog and others make the actual  experience on the ship sound very nice.

 

Many thanks to Saransay for sharing the new itinerary 😘

 

I'm with Windsurfboy in that, sadly, this may well be our first & last Saga cruise! We would probably be happy to accept change IF Istanbul was still on itinerary - don't really understand why Saga felt the need to remove it? Cannakale is still on the itinerary so why not Istanbul - makes no sense to me!

 

I have also been following ighten's most interesting & informative blog along with fabulous foodie pics - I just can't wait to experience it all EXCEPT the itinerary resembles nothing like the one we all booked!

 

Confused.com & not sure what to do now 😥

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very disappointed Istanbul has gone. I have already been to most of these ports and some are not ones I especially wish to return to - like Limassol. Feel they should at least offer a reduction as less fuel required. Will need some thought. Think a bit more imagination could have offered a more interesting itinerary and I suspect I will already have done the included excursions. Having said that the onboard experience is second to none and the food is fab. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Very disappointed Istanbul has gone. I have already been to most of these ports and some are not ones I especially wish to return to - like Limassol. Feel they should at least offer a reduction as less fuel required. Will need some thought. Think a bit more imagination could have offered a more interesting itinerary and I suspect I will already have done the included excursions. Having said that the onboard experience is second to none and the food is fab. 

Couldn't agree with you more Host Sharon! 

 

I also keep reminding myself that the onboard experience is going to be just as important as the places that we visit and that was also one of the main considerations when booking this cruise.  I'm not sure that I can walk away from it now after looking forward to it since October 2020.......

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, david05 said:

You don't have to make an immediate decision. If you say yes to the new itinerary now but change your mind over the weekend that's also fine you just have to ring them back early next week.

 

I think as they have classified this as a new cruise and they are effectively selling it over the phone  the distance selling regulations apply,  you legally have 14 days to cancel.

 

My response will be please send me a email with the new ports and excursions and ring me back in a few days when I've had time to think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

The distance selling regulations do not apply to travel so I wouldn't plan on cancelling once you have agreed to the new itinerary.

Saga have however told me that, even if you have agreed, you do have at least a couple of days to change your mind before you are committed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, david05 said:

You don't have to make an immediate decision. If you say yes to the new itinerary now but change your mind over the weekend that's also fine you just have to ring them back early next week.

 

Just received call from Saga confirming itinerary change.  I mentioned that I was not happy that Istanbul had been removed especially as Cannakale still remains! 

 

Independent exploring ashore WILL be allowed, masks still need to be worn on board, no books in library.

 

No need to make immediate decision - just let them know ASAP if you want to cancel/move etc 

 

Decisions decisions 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, david05 said:

Saga have however told me that, even if you have agreed, you do have at least a couple of days to change your mind before you are committed.

That's good I was just pointing out not to expect to have 14 days to cancel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Received a call from Saga this morning agreed we could cancel at no cost, stated it will be processed by their accounts department next week.

We were looking forward to our first Saga cruise, our third attempt at sailing to Istanbul, obviously not to be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we haven't been to  many of these places will say yes. Just believe the way it's been handled is poor,  Saga waited to long to make its mind up. Relying on phoning everyone up is antediluvian, you need information and time to look at new ports before committing,  thank you Saransay. Got to keep reminding oneself at this time these problems are minor.

 

 

But these issues are head office not on board. When some one as experienced as Host Sharon says on board experience is second to none and food fab, must just go for it. Looking forward to just relaxing, great food , going ashore strolling round town, coming back for a great  lunch, then a nice long run on the promenade or time in gym , and guess what time to eat and drink again.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

As we haven't been to  many of these places will say yes. Just believe the way it's been handled is poor,  Saga waited to long to make its mind up. Relying on phoning everyone up is antediluvian, you need information and time to look at new ports before committing,  thank you Saransay. Got to keep reminding oneself at this time these problems are minor.

 

 

But these issues are head office not on board. When some one as experienced as Host Sharon says on board experience is second to none and food fab, must just go for it. Looking forward to just relaxing, great food , going ashore strolling round town, coming back for a great  lunch, then a nice long run on the promenade or time in gym , and guess what time to eat and drink again.  

 

My sentiments exactly Windsurfboy, very disappointed with Saga's communication skills.  We came to exactly the same decision as you and for all the same reasons too!  Thanks must go to Host Sharon for pointing out that we must place just as much importance on the whole onboard experience.

 

We're saying YES, YES, YES it could be a good few years before the Black Sea goes back on any cruise lines itinerary and given the last 3 years of Covid and now this horrid Ukraine situation, who knows what's around the corner.....we must grab every opportunity and live life to the full! 

 

ps, I wonder what will be on my plate at this moment in time 4 weeks from now 🥂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having said, the onboard experience is wonderful, I must point out that still isn't as it was pre-Covid. Sadly. still no cocktail parties, no dance hosts etc.. Just want you all to manage your expectations. 🙂 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a phone call this morning,  whilst we were driving, so if  Saransay had not posted  intinerary would have been a difficult conversation  my wife trying to write it down whist we were travelling.  Anyway said yes and asked them to send intinerary by email.

 

So far all I have recieved is confirmation invoice, which says we will leave Southampton on 21st May and return on 22nd June more detail. Manage my booking brings up black sea  intinerary. Has any one got a intinerary from Saga in writing or are we all relying on Saransay , thanks once again.

 

As the confirmation invoice is supposed to be a contract between us and Saga, it's pretty useless. Thank heavens people on ship are in a different league. 

 

By the way it says on confirmation invoice that the contract with SAGA commences 14 days after you receive the invoice.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Had a phone call this morning,  whilst we were driving, so if  Saransay had not posted  intinerary would have been a difficult conversation  my wife trying to write it down whist we were travelling.  Anyway said yes and asked them to send intinerary by email.

 

So far all I have recieved is confirmation invoice, which says we will leave Southampton on 21st May and return on 22nd June more detail. Manage my booking brings up black sea  intinerary. Has any one got a intinerary from Saga in writing or are we all relying on Saransay , thanks once again.

 

As the confirmation invoice is supposed to be a contract between us and Saga, it's pretty useless. Thank heavens people on ship are in a different league. 

 

By the way it says on confirmation invoice that the contract with SAGA commences 14 days after you receive the invoice.

 

 

 

 

I mentioned during my phone call that logging into my booking site shows the updated cruise as Eastern Mediterranean Odyssey but that the black sea itinerary still displays - apparently the website won't be updated until everyone has been informed of the change!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Having said, the onboard experience is wonderful, I must point out that still isn't as it was pre-Covid. Sadly. still no cocktail parties, no dance hosts etc.. Just want you all to manage your expectations. 🙂 

 

Many thanks for theclarification Host Sharon, as we are 'virgin' cruisers we can't make any comparisons which is probably a blessing in disguise!  You mention that there aren't any dance hosts...........Looks like I'll have to sign the husband up to onboard dance lessons after all 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...