For Canadians - just boarded Allure with new Rapid Antigen test offered by Air Canada/Switch Health

21 hours ago, Welly9 said:

Yes Shoppers is $40 each, 20 min results, booked ahead for your tests.

I called the Shoppers at Fanshawe and Wonderland and they were not taking reservations at this point.  They lady said just show up.  I don’t see that working so great the Friday of March break.  Who knows, maybe by then we might not need them to board the ship.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There are no sailings from Canada - perhaps that's one source of confusion. You need a test to get on a plane to the US and one to get on a ship from the US - if the timing is right, one test (either antigen or PCR) could satisfy both of those requirements.

When the land boarder opens for tourism traffic, in a few days, it has been stated that no tests will be needed to cross the boarder by car. Hopefully that will also carry over to flights.  If so, then we would only need one to board the ship. 🤞 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, karebare22 said:

@JessyCruises Thanks for the info about the Switch Health tests being accepted by Royal, that’s good news. A couple questions. 1) Do you need to have a flight booked with Air Canada to take the test? 2) could I use this test/telehealth while in the US? We are flying early morning via Delta to Fort Lauderdale on Dec 24, so we will get rapid antigen tests for the flight  at our Costco (only $16.99) on the 23rd.  Since our cruise doesn’t leave until the 26th, the Costco test won’t be valid and I’m trying to find the easiest and cheapest (family of 4 here!) option for a second test we can do in Fort Lauderdale on the 24 or 25th (when things might be closed). The Switch test sounds like a good option. We didn’t have this problem in Aug when we cruised on Ovation because at the time 3 days was acceptable for being tested.

You do not need to be flying Air Canada.  You are actually buying the tests from Switch Health not Air Canada.  Aeroplan members just get a discount.  You can take it from anywhere as long as you have a wifi connection and a mobile device.  They are open 24/7.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure Canada will get a carve out from the flight testing requirements.

Agreed. Only time will tell. Currently have airfare from Detroit and Toronto fully refundable to MIA for March. DTW is our favourite and if we have less tests to board I’m in favour of that. 

Edited by A&L_Ont