RCL accepts new Air Canada/Switch Health Rapid Antigen test

JessyCruises

9 hours ago, broberts said:

According to the Switch Health instructions the kit contains SD Biosensor Standard Q COVID-19 Ag Nasal Test Kit which has FDA emergency use authorization. 

I suspect Switch Health is simply remarketing that kit. Perhaps someone can post a picture of the contents of the switch health box.

I just purchased a box and was planning on using it in March for a Royal Cruise from Bayonne. Now I'm second guessing the purchase even though some say they have used it for Royal.

Here is was I got... SD Biosensor Standard Q Covid-19 Ag Test

The expiry date is 06/06/2023

Box.thumb.jpeg.9e7ab1b6ffec942ec044bb42178e9b2d.jpeg

1228656493_Kitpackage.thumb.jpeg.e69f09724d016a1cfdbad780aee5b7f1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, broberts said:

According to the Switch Health instructions the kit contains SD Biosensor Standard Q COVID-19 Ag Nasal Test Kit which has FDA emergency use authorization. 

I suspect Switch Health is simply remarketing that kit. Perhaps someone can post a picture of the contents of the switch health box.

SD Biosensor makes a range of test kits. If you review the documentation on the FDA website, you'll discover that the EUA was granted for SD Biosensor's non-proctored self test kit that is similar to the ones being given out in Ontario. Health Canada, on the other hand, has approved both the proctored and non-proctored test kits.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

SD Biosensor makes a range of test kits. If you review the documentation on the FDA website, you'll discover that the EUA was granted for SD Biosensor's non-proctored self test kit that is similar to the ones being given out in Ontario. Health Canada, on the other hand, has approved both the proctored and non-proctored test kits.

Do I understand correctly that the kit pictured the post of @LouTheGlue is not the one given FDA emergency use authorization?

15 minutes ago, broberts said:

Do I understand correctly that the kit pictured the post of @LouTheGlue is not the one given FDA emergency use authorization?

Assuming that the kit that @LouTheGlue pictured is the proctored test sold by Switch Health, then it is not the one that the FDA gave an EUA to. The latter is the "COVID-19 At-Home Test" and is non-proctored.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Assuming that the kit that @LouTheGlue pictured is the proctored test sold by Switch Health, then it is not the one that the FDA gave an EUA to. The latter is the "COVID-19 At-Home Test" and is non-proctored.

Yes I purchased that test from Switch Health via Aeroplan site. It is the proctored test. Created my account planning on testing before trip in March.

• Like 1