Valor Problems???

waveriderAS

Hello everyone. I would just like some feedback on your experiences. GF and I will be sailing on Valor 5/21 and i have read some member reviews on CC and there seems to be a lot of complaints with room service,food quality and long lines. Don't know if its because its a larger ship or are some people over exaggerating. Should I try a different ship like the Miracle???? :) :) THANKS FOR ANY INPUT:) :)

We really enjoyed our Valor cruise. Our biggest problem was the "me first" and the "crew are our servant" type of passengers we encountered. I know it is their job to clear your finished plates from your table on the Lido deck....the least you could do is smile and say "Thanks!"

Sheesh! Grow some manners, please!

I think the more recent reviews since December have been mostly positive. On my cruise in December, the food was good and the service good for the most part as well.

That being said, there is definitely the opportunity for long lines. If you are going Eastern, there will be a line for immigration in St. Thomas. Also, on early port days, I noticed some huge lines at the buffet for breakfast (like 15 mins) ... however, at the same time, open seating in the dining room was a breeze. Basically, if you want to eat at peak times, expect to wait a little, though with the options available, there is usually something that doesn't have much of a wait. For example, I might scope the line at the deli, see it was a little too long, so then I'd grab a hot dog and wait another 30 minutes until I would walk up to the deli without waiting. I guess the more flexible you are, perhaps the happier you might be. :)

My gf and I (ages 23 and 26 respectively) enjoyed the valor in August and we have booked another week on her this August.

The only complaint i had was the room service breakfast -- it showed up on time one day and it didn't show the next.... Food was good -- i really enjoyed the fish and chips station and the dinners...

I was on the Valor in Dec and I loved it. The only times I noticed anything was during the late night buffets and Our breakfast room service wasn't perfect. Got the wrong order one day. These were very minor things and in no way made for a bad experience. Go! You will love it.

Hello everyone. I would just like some feedback on your experiences. GF and I will be sailing on Valor 5/21 and i have read some member reviews on CC and there seems to be a lot of complaints with room service,food quality and long lines. Don't know if its because its a larger ship or are some people over exaggerating. Should I try a different ship like the Miracle???? :) :) THANKS FOR ANY INPUT:) :)

I wouldn't worry we read the same kind of complaints before we went on the Victory, because it was a larger ship. And allthough we did have to wait a few more minutes in line for a few things it was nothing worth complaining about. we just chose to eat at odd times, never during peak hours, or we chose to eat in the dining room for break, lunch and you never had to wait there. The shows did tend to fill up faster so we adjusted and just showed up a little earlier. Some people will knit pick anything to death if you let them. lol Your cruise is what you make of it.

I was just on the Valor 2 weeks ago and loved it. I agree with the poster that you have a lot of the "me first" and "crew you are my servent" people. Not just on a ship but in everyday life. If you go with a flexable attitude then you won't have any problems. I guess my feeling was what else do I have to do? The longest food line I had would have been in the morning for the made to order omlette. But when you have just a couple people making them and a lot of people wanting them you will have a wait.

Go with an open mind and be flexable then you will have a great time. As far as room service all but one time I ordered I had it in 10 min. The one time I had to wait they told me when I ordered it would take 45 min and I chose to wait so I can't fairly complain about that. BTW the BLT's rock!!!!

I'm jealous and want to go again but I hope you have a GREAT time.

I've been on the Valor twice and would highly recommend it! There are always things you have to deal with, but that's life whether it is on a ship or in the "real world". Overall, it is a beautiful ship with plenty of things that will make you say "Ooooooh" and "Ahhhhhhh"!

Go with the attitude that you will enjoy yourself and that will go a long way toward you having a great cruise! :)

We went a couple of weeks ago and had a great time too. What everyone else is saying is so true. Go with an open mind. The wait staff works hard. They work like 10 hours every day. When we would get done eating in the lido area we would bring our dishes to the dirty dish stands and give them to whoever was working it, so that way our table was ready for the next person. Sometimes the staff would get the jump on us and clean our table when we finished. I never had a problem with anything. At dinner take two dinner rolls then you have them so you don't have to wait. Don't be afraid to ask for more. My dd had prime rib one night and asked for a second after she was done with the first and got it. Have fun, wish I was still on the ship. The feeling of movement is starting to wear off so now I'am bummed.

Archived