Communication Tools on Anthem

12 hours ago, RelaxNCruz said:

Which is the best combination of communication tools for me if I want to do texting to the States and on the ship, email, and maybe some internet surfing?

Same as the other thread - Voom.

23 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

All I want to do is text another passenger on the ship and send a text or two back to the states. Is this available onboard at no cost?

No.

Depending on your cell plan(s), you may be able to connect to Cellular at Sea to send text messages onboard or elsewhere (usually with a small additional charge).  But you have to be careful with your phone set up (turn data roaming off) so you don't get any surprise charges.

For example, my prepaid [backup] service is 10c to send or receive a text while in the US.  While connected to Cellular at Sea, it is 50c to send and 10c to receive.

Edited by Another_Critic

Your safest bet is Voom & WiFi calling on your phone.  That should let you do anything.  Be sure to setup WiFi calling while you are still at home and put the phone in airplane mode on the ship.

I don't know pricing or features for the AT&T cellular option so I cannot tell you much there.  I dropped AT&T a while back.

I do know when we have AT&T we could get incoming SMS messages for free (not iMessage, etc) and it was something like $0.25 to send a text message.  If you accidentally got a phone call it was $2.50 or something like that.