Price drop

txd

I had a price drop on my cruise today. I am after my final payment so will get OBC. RCI customer service forwarded the request to another department.

Someone have an idea how long does it take for them to process?

Rep said it would take 14 days atleast but my sailing is in 7 days. What happens if I don’t hear it back from them before cruise. Anyone had similar issue?

4 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

I had a price drop on my cruise today. I am after my final payment so will get OBC. RCI customer service forwarded the request to another department.

Rep said it would take 14 days atleast but my sailing is in 7 days. What happens if I don’t hear it back from them before cruise. Anyone had similar issue?

yes.  I just had this occur a couple of weeks ago for my 11/12 sailing.  The difference which was OBC was applied the next day.  

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  I just had this occur a couple of weeks ago for my 11/12 sailing.  The difference which was OBC was applied the next day.  

What if they don’t process the request before my sailing? I get nothing or do they refund ?

2 hours ago, Sayuil said:

What if they don’t process the request before my sailing? I get nothing or do they refund ?

I just know what happened with me.  If you dont see it on your cruise planner at least 2 days pre cruise, then call Royal Caribbean.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, Sayuil said:

Call up RCCL, ask them to email you a Cruise Vacation Receipt. Also clarify one more time while on the call if this is an OBC or a refund. I was after the final payment, my understanding of the policy was that I receive an on board credit. I talked to two different people and both state that I am getting a refund to my credit card.

When you get the Cruise Vacation Receipt you will see a line item for Total Charge and a line item for Amount Paid. In your case as was mine the Total Charge will now be LESS than the Amount Paid.

This is enough to demonstrate that you have a credit with them which you would expect to be offset (since you called and they said they are reimbursing you for the difference).

Now if they told you that you have a refund coming to you then you are done. Watch for your refund in the timeframe they promised (I got mine much quicker) and if you don't get it no problem, you have the Cruise Vacation Receipt that shows you are owed this.

On the other hand if they promise you an on board credit then check on day one of the cruise at the customer service desk to see if it has been applied. If not show them your Cruise Vacation Receipt so they can make that adjustment as you can't spend an on board credit if they haven't applied that credit to your account yet.

Having the Cruise Vacation Receipt handy will probably make you a lot more comfortable that you will either get your credit due to you or know that you have the proof in hand to make it happen at a later date.

Enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, comfixit said:

Call up RCCL, ask them to email you a Cruise Vacation Receipt. Also clarify one more time while on the call if this is an OBC or a refund. I was after the final payment, my understanding of the policy was that I receive an on board credit. I talked to two different people and both state that I am getting a refund to my credit card.

When you get the Cruise Vacation Receipt you will see a line item for Total Charge and a line item for Amount Paid. In your case as was mine the Total Charge will now be LESS than the Amount Paid.

This is enough to demonstrate that you have a credit with them which you would expect to be offset (since you called and they said they are reimbursing you for the difference).

Now if they told you that you have a refund coming to you then you are done. Watch for your refund in the timeframe they promised (I got mine much quicker) and if you don't get it no problem, you have the Cruise Vacation Receipt that shows you are owed this.

On the other hand if they promise you an on board credit then check on day one of the cruise at the customer service desk to see if it has been applied. If not show them your Cruise Vacation Receipt so they can make that adjustment as you can't spend an on board credit if they haven't applied that credit to your account yet.

Having the Cruise Vacation Receipt handy will probably make you a lot more comfortable that you will either get your credit due to you or know that you have the proof in hand to make it happen at a later date.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks

On 11/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, Sayuil said:

Mine posted next business day.  I'd give it until Wednesday before you call.  That department likely only works Mon-Fri.

Since the price drop was after final payment date your adjustment will be the OBC that they mentioned and up to fourteen days is what they tell everyone.  Calling to get a new cruise vacation receipt will be a waste of your time and theirs.