The Apt on the Sky Princess?

RMS Olympic

How is the medallion apt system functioning on the Sky? I just read comments on the Emerald and it sounds there are issues. So I’m wondering if this unique to one specific ship or fleet wide? Sailing on the Sky on Jan 22.... hope the system is up and running.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

44 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

How is the medallion apt system functioning on the Sky? I just read comments on the Emerald and it sounds there are issues. So I’m wondering if this unique to one specific ship or fleet wide? Sailing on the Sky on Jan 22.... hope the system is up and running.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Worked fine on board the Sky for two weeks in Med 21st Oct - 5th Nov…..had a few problems before we boarded but worked great once on board

The app worked fine on both regal and Sky, the only issue we had was it couldn’t see the activities but I think that was because there was only a week between our cruises.  The ocean medallion people put a shortcut on my phone so I could use it, also every time I wanted to order food or drink using the app I had to log off then log back in. Like I said I think it was caused by us cruising close together and the first one was booked last minute which I think confused the app

Was on the Sky inaugural trans-Atlantic sailing and I believe the Sky is one of the first ships to be outfitted from with Medallion technology from its build, while other ships were retrofitted with the Medallion technology.  I think there were many kinks to be worked out in the roll-out when those ships were initially retrofitted.  I have not sailed on the Emerald so I cannot comment on any issues there may have been or may now exist.  We had no issues on the Sky and really enjoyed the Medallion technology.

• Like 1