Cruisers- Welcome back to the USA

TeeRick

10 hours ago, the penguins said:

We have enjoyed many trips to the US including a memorable drive down route 101 from Seattle to LA. Now we spend most of our time in the US  just north of Dallas:

1) doing the school run - it's not like in the UK and our first attempt resulted in the whole system grinding to a halt with cars stretching out to the main highway and blocking the traffic lights.

2) cooking with our grandson - he loves English sausage rolls, the bosses Mac n Cheese, plus Anita batch cooks meals and freezes them.

3) going to watch our grandson play ice hockey (it's just hockey Grandpa I am told) - still can't get used to being out doors in 90 degrees one minute and huddled around a freezing ice rink the next.

After a 2 year absence we can't wait.

Sincere best wishes for your trip and family reunion….

The issue is that for UK residents most of the US locations are expensive. 

CVS charge $139 per person for example as we do not have a Social Security number etc. 

The only real option AFAIK is to take a kit with you from the UK at around £30 and video link in to the clinic to be supervised doing the test.

Not aware that Celebrity have really come up with an option for UK travellers and all the information suggests ordering kits from their partners, but this requires a US credit card linked to a zip code. 

32 minutes ago, isdoo said:

The issue is that for UK residents most of the US locations are expensive. 

CVS charge $139 per person for example as we do not have a Social Security number etc. 

The only real option AFAIK is to take a kit with you from the UK at around £30 and video link in to the clinic to be supervised doing the test.

Not aware that Celebrity have really come up with an option for UK travellers and all the information suggests ordering kits from their partners, but this requires a US credit card linked to a zip code. 

I definitely understand the problem and your concerns.  With the large number of UK cruisers coming to the US it would behoove Celebrity and other cruise lines to come up with solutions.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I definitely understand the problem and your concerns.  With the large number of UK cruisers coming to the US it would behoove Celebrity and other cruise lines to come up with solutions.

It took sometime for Celebrity to organise the testing in the UK so hopefully by April they will have a solution to this issue.

We’re coming in December too - whoop, whoop!

Received our email today from X. Not too helpful!

We’re flying on Friday and boarding on Sunday. Hoping to book a test at Heathrow pre flight that covers both arrival in the US and boarding the ship. Feels a bit close to the wire but makes sense at the same time. 

*lovescarborough* if I were you, I would definitely do as you suggest.

2 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

Am I correct in thinking that we can use the same test for boarding as the one done in the UK prior to flying so long as we are in the two day window prior to boarding day ?  We are aiming to test Friday, fly Saturday, board Sunday. 

I would contact Celebrity and get them to confirm in an email that what you propose is acceptable.