Dinner Reservations

brahmacruiser

24 minutes ago, brahmacruiser said:

Since reservations are now closed for my Viking Ocean cruise, how can I make additional reservations at Manfredi's, the Chef's Table, and The Restaurant upon embarkation?  Where do I go to do this?  Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise critic and the Viking Forum. When you board go to  desk next to guest relations for dinner reservation.  It is on Deck on 1  on the left  side of the grand staircase. 

Really no need to make reservations for Restaurant, which is the main dining room. You can just show up and  they will seat you. maybe a 5-10 minute wait if it is at 7:00pm. 

The Chef Table has a rotating three day menu  which you will be able to see before you book that alternative restaurant.  Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, brahmacruiser said:

Since reservations are now closed for my Viking Ocean cruise, how can I make additional reservations at Manfredi's, the Chef's Table, and The Restaurant upon embarkation?  Where do I go to do this?  Thanks!

We were on the Viking Jupiter in October to the Western Med.  The easiest way to book specialty restaurants on board is to use the Viking app.  I downloaded it on my phone.  It works great and the wifi on the ship works very well.  We made reservations through the app and had no problem getting a table on the day that we wanted.  It helped that there were only 165 people on the ship.  It was like having our own private yacht:)

Edited by tdl60
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tdl60 said:

We were on the Viking Jupiter in October to the Western Med.  The easiest way to book specialty restaurants on board is to use the Viking app.  I downloaded it on my phone.  It works great and the wifi on the ship works very well.  We made reservations through the app and had no problem getting a table on the day that we wanted.  It helped that there were only 165 people on the ship.  It was like having our own private yacht:)

FYI, the app works only on board the ship; it cannot be used to make reservations prior to boarding. It can also be used to manage shorex and spa reservations, view your on board account, view the daily schedule and other tasks..

It works like a charm for reservations when there are 165 on board and the restaurants are not booking to capacity but when they sail closer to full capacity, sometimes the only way to make a reservation on board is with a maitre'd, who can override capacity settings, etc.

• Like 3