Need Help Deciphering Specialty Dining Charges

ellbelle

I just made and paid full price for five specialty dining reservations for our upcoming cruise on Koningsdam. We are 4* Mariners and in past experience we will be credited our 50% discount once onboard (although I think I read Rudi’s is now 25%?) but trying to figure what we should be credited is making me crazy. According to the cruise website I use (not big box but the one that starts with “V”) they list the per person charges as follows;

Rudi’s Sel de Mer $49

Canaletto $15

Pinnacle Grill $39

Tamarind $25

I read here that a service charge of 18% is now being added and assume we would pay that on the non discounted amount but every which way I’ve tried I can’t seem to get to the price listed on our cruise personalizer. Here is a screen shot showing the pricing. 

Hopefully someone can help me 🙃 Thank You!

30CEDE89-3887-4012-97BC-FF6D5FA0BE63.png

On the N. Amsterdam last month, DH and I ate at the Pinnacle and were charged $72.54.  We are 3 star, so get 25% off the meal.  The service charge remained 18% of the $39.00 or $7.02 each.  Here is the break down -

2X$39 =$78 - 25%(-19.50) = $58.50

2X$39=$78 X 18% (SC)      = $14.04

Total                       = $72.54

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I’ve never had a problem getting my credit on board (although it’s still good to keep track).

You should get 50% back for all specialty except Sel de Mer which as you noted is 25%.  I believe the gratuity works the same as with the wine packages.  You’ll pay the full price for the 18%.  Hope this helps.