The New CDC Attestation Form

lx200gps

By reading this thread, or something similar, I saw that there was a new longer form. I checked off the few boxes I needed to and signed and dated it the day we were travelling to the U.S. Nov. 25th. When we checked in online with Air Canada there was an attestation form that required the same checking of boxes. Of course wanting to be prepared I brought the signed paper copies. No-one asked for them. Not the Air Canada person at the check in counter at the Ottawa airport or the U.S. border person at the Montreal airport. Of course now with new restrictions and changes in policy you may need to show everything. I had an envelope full of paper: SDM antigen tests, all our copies of our vaccination paperwork, both original and QR code ones, and those attestation forms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Someone had once posted this form. which displayed a BLUE colour 'background' to those parts of the form that required to be filled in and it was able to be done, printed off, with just one's signature to complete the form! 

I wish that I had saved it in order for me to have been able to attach it to this reply to you! ☹️

Yes, the old attestation, which I found on the CDC website could be filled in electronically (I used it on my last two trips but deleted the form now since it was old), but really only your name, date and the check box needed to be completed.  I've looked and the non-fillable form that someone linked to seems to be the only thing available now, even on the CDC website.

As a note, the CDC website did note (somewhere) to contact your airline in relation to the type of attestation they will require, so I believe that means the electronic ones during check in are sufficient.  That being said, I'm still going to print the forms and fill them out and take them because it is so much easier to have a form with me that I never end up using (and shred later) then stressing about filling it out somewhere in line or against a wall, if it ends up it is needed!

On 12/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, AlbertaCruisers said:

Yes, the old attestation, which I found on the CDC website could be filled in electronically (I used it on my last two trips but deleted the form now since it was old), but really only your name, date and the check box needed to be completed.  I've looked and the non-fillable form that someone linked to seems to be the only thing available now, even on the CDC website.

As a note, the CDC website did note (somewhere) to contact your airline in relation to the type of attestation they will require, so I believe that means the electronic ones during check in are sufficient.  That being said, I'm still going to print the forms and fill them out and take them because it is so much easier to have a form with me that I never end up using (and shred later) then stressing about filling it out somewhere in line or against a wall, if it ends up it is needed!

I can verify when we completed our flight from YYZ to MIA on December 10 with AC that we did not require our paper forms as we answered an attestation during our online check in.  We had the paper forms but they were not required. 

• Like 3

I just finished the Air Canada check in for our flights tonight and the check in process has the same attestation wording as the form, so I'm guessing we won't need the hard copy form. I'm still taking the completed and signed form, because if anyone wants it I would rather be able to just pull it out instead of trying to fill it out in line!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I just finished the Air Canada check in for our flights tonight and the check in process has the same attestation wording as the form, so I'm guessing we won't need the hard copy form. I'm still taking the completed and signed form, because if anyone wants it I would rather be able to just pull it out instead of trying to fill it out in line!

I got an email from Air Canada about my Sunday flight.

It said that form would be done online but that 'others choose to bring a hard copy."

• Like 1

As an update, as I said above, the attestation wording was a part of the check in process.  Air Canada app shows in one place that US attestation is complete. Flew Edmonton to Toronto. Did security again and custom in Toronto. Sitting at the gate ready to board to Tampa now and no one asked us at any point for the paper forms. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, CruisinFinsUp said:

It is very poorly worded and very poorly organized.  Usually forms I've seen are more clear about "if you answer yes goto step xx and skip steps cc thru mm" .    This one is awful!    

This is a form that the CDC currently requires the airlines to collect from their passengers flying into the US.   I'd print and fill it in and take it with you.   

Do you need to print all 7 pages or just the ones that affect you?