The New CDC Attestation Form

lx200gps

We're in the final stages of prep for our trip this weekend to FLL, and I'm curious about the newly revised CDC Attestation form. It used to be a very simple form  where you ticked a box saying either you had a negative test or had recovered etc...  The new version is far more comprehensive and is divided into two parts, 1 & 2.  Part 1 seems equivalent to the old version, but Part 2, titled " Passenger Attestation Requirement Relating to Presidential Proclamation
on Advancing the Safe Resumption of Global Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic" is very odd and gas some extra requirments. What are folks experience checking in at the airport with this new form (hopefully it doesn't have to be submitted online before) and did they require this Part 2?

I'm confused too.  Part 2 is for "covered individuals" and requires post arrival covid tests.   I cannot figure out what that means.  Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I think its confusing. Are vacationers "nonimmigrant"s?

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/NCEZID-FRM-Combo-Passenger-Disclose-508.pdf

Part 2 Covered Individuals:

"This means any passenger covered by the Proclamation and this Order: a noncitizen (other than a U.S. lawful permanent resident or U.S. national) who
is a nonimmigrant seeking to enter the United States by air travel. This term does not apply to crew members of airlines or other aircraft operators if such crewmembers and operators adhere to all industry standard protocols for the prevention of COVID-19, as set forth in relevant guidance for crewmember health issued by the CDC or by the Federal Aviation Administration in coordination with the CDC"

----

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Well after another coffee I think I've figured it out. 

question 1 in part 2 asks if we are fully vaccinated.  If "yes" sign the form as you are done.   

Part 2- questions 2-5 are only if you are NOT fully vaxxed.  

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Well after another coffee I think I've figured it out. 

question 1 in part 2 asks if we are fully vaccinated.  If "yes" sign the form as you are done.   

Part 2- questions 2-5 are only if you are NOT fully vaxxed.  

I guess I need to drink more coffee  ;o)  Looks like you nailed it, though it's dreadfully stated in the document. As you say, Question 1 in Part 2 is very obtusely clear:  "I attest that I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (sign the form to complete the Attestation). "  I had missed the last bit in Italics which is all we need to know, though I don't why they make you repeat that you are vaccinated when you affirmed so in Part 1.  Thanks for the sharp eyes.

25 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

I was worried about the form too and had copies ready to present at the airport.  No one ever asked for them.  This was out of Pearson FYI.

I've heard the same thing as well. Did you not have to upload the signed form onto the AC web site beforehand, along with your proof of vaccination?  That would be all they need, to know that you had submitted your "proof" electronically and so would probably not need to confirm it in person?

Is this form part of the airline ( in our case westjet) online check in ?

Given at the airport ?

or just something we are suppose to print and take ?

I have only read about this form, haven’t been told about it yet by the

airline.

thanks

17 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Given at the airport ?

airline.

thanks

You will have to check the WJ site for their specific application. In our case, with AC, there's a checklist of items you have to supply (proof of Vaccination and negative test etc.) and they provide a link to the CDC site to download the specific form.

The CDC site is

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/NCEZID-FRM-Combo-Passenger-Disclose-508.pdf

But be careful, there at least three different versions of Form 0920-1318 and this latest version is much bigger than the previous two.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

I guess I need to drink more coffee  ;o)  Looks like you nailed it, though it's dreadfully stated in the document. As you say, Question 1 in Part 2 is very obtusely clear:  "I attest that I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (sign the form to complete the Attestation). "  I had missed the last bit in Italics which is all we need to know, though I don't why they make you repeat that you are vaccinated when you affirmed so in Part 1.  Thanks for the sharp eyes.

It is very poorly worded and very poorly organized.  Usually forms I've seen are more clear about "if you answer yes goto step xx and skip steps cc thru mm" .    This one is awful!    

1 hour ago, brockmom said:

Given at the airport ?

airline.

thanks

This is a form that the CDC currently requires the airlines to collect from their passengers flying into the US.   I'd print and fill it in and take it with you.   

17 minutes ago, Bluemoose said:

does this form apply to land crossings as well ?   

From the top of the form:   

This combined passenger disclosure and attestation fulfills the requirements of U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Orders: Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Result or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Airline Passengers Arriving into the United States and Order Implementing Presidential Proclamation on Advancing the Safe Resumption of Global Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic. 1 As directed by the CDC and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), including through a forthcoming Security Directive, to be issued after consultation with CDC, and consistent with CDC’s Order implementing the Presidential Proclamation, all airline or other aircraft operators must provide the following disclosures to all passengers prior to their boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brockmom said:

Thank you

I have read it over but don’t see any indication of it on the West jet site.

I am wondering if maybe they give it out on the plane

i will follow up

Brockmom

No, you will have to complete the form prior to boarding. Remember, if you are flying commercially, you will go through the US CBP pre-clearance process at the airport and are deemed to have entered the US before you set foot on the plane. 

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

No, you will have to complete the form prior to boarding. Remember, if you are flying commercially, you will go through the US CBP pre-clearance process at the airport and are deemed to have entered the US before you set foot on the plane. 

Right ! 
good point . I will be sure to print.

thank you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I've heard the same thing as well. Did you not have to upload the signed form onto the AC web site beforehand, along with your proof of vaccination?  That would be all they need, to know that you had submitted your "proof" electronically and so would probably not need to confirm it in person?

I was flying WJ.  Did not have to upload anything ahead of time.  Was never asked for the attestation form prior to boarding.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are flying Westjet next week and have not found any reference to this Form.  Has anyone travelled by air in the last week or so to the US?  Do we need to present hard copy of it at check-in or is it submitted in advance?

In August when we flew, the Air Canada check in lady asked to see our form and gave them back and then there was a table set up in Pearsons with a guy checking your ID versus the form and taking the form.

In October when we flew, the Air Canada online check in process asked the same questions as on the form.  When we checked in the Air Canada lady said she didn't need to see our form as we had made the attestation during check in.  No one else asked for the form.

We leave on December 22.  My plan is to print the forms, complete and sign them and have them with me just in case any one asks, but I'm not going to bring them out unless someone asks, and I'm guessing no one will ask for them.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:05 PM, Fouremco said:

I just checked in for my AC flight, and it was part of the check in process.  I had my physical forms printed off and ready to go but noticed the questions were included during the check in process.  I will bring them just in case.  WestJet may likely handle it in the same fashion.  Having it electronic verses paper is probably much more efficient for those handling/verifying the forms. 

I have also heard the airline may also sometimes provide the form to passengers if needed .  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

I just checked in for my AC flight, and it was part of the check in process.  I had my physical forms printed off and ready to go but noticed the questions were included during the check in process.  I will bring them just in case.  WestJet may likely handle it in the same fashion.  Having it electronic verses paper is probably much more efficient for those handling/verifying the forms. 

I have also heard the airline may also sometimes provide the form to passengers if needed .  

While the CDC website still speaks of the attestation form, and an updated form was released last week, I agree with you that the airlines are in all probability handling it electronically whenever possible.

For anyone interested in the updated form:  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Combined-Passenger-Attestation-Amended-Testing-Order-12-02-2021-p.pdf

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 14husky said:

Thanks for the information. One question: Do we have to carry all 7 pages of this declaration 

I'd pose that question to your airline. I'd like to say "no", that it will in all probability be handled electronically, but it's always possible that there will be an exception. If no one has asked for it by time you are at the gate and ready to board, chuck it. If you do print it, make sure you use double-sided printing to save some weight.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, netpj said:

We are flying Westjet next week and have not found any reference to this Form.  Has anyone travelled by air in the last week or so to the US?  Do we need to present hard copy of it at check-in or is it submitted in advance?

The attestation form is part of the online checkin process as of the most recent update to the WestJet app.  They only need you to read an agree to it online, or at least that was the case last Friday when we flew to Orlando.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Fouremco, are you aware if there is an updated version that can be completed online, before being printed off, (as there was with the 'original' version)!

I'm not aware of one. As most people would just have to tick a couple of boxes before printing their name, signing and dating the form, it might not have been deemed necessary, especially as airlines seem to be opting for collecting the information during check in.