Pigeon Island

amunhbuu

7 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

Does anyone know if Windstar is continuing their Caribbean tradition of a beach party day @ pigion island in St. Lucia?  There is no mention of it on our documentation that I could find.

Thanks!

On our July 31st sailing, Windstar upheld the beach party tradition at Pigeon Island.  It was great!

• Like 2

Our cruise (shortly pre-COVID shut down) didn't have a beach BBQ at Pigeon Island because we had the beach BBQ in Mayreau. I think Mayreau was a better spot for it if the cruise goes to both. So it can depend on itinerary, some may have another location that's better for it.

I don't recall ever having note of the beach BBQ in our pre-cruise documentation. 

If you are on the Surf this winter and you go to Castries St. Lucia I do not believe the beach barbeque will be at Pigeon Island because the ship is docked. I think it will be at Prickly Pear,  Virgin Gorda, across the little harbor is  Bitter End will now be  open since its redo after the hurricane. Prickly Pear  is great, beach, shade, great beach and water etc. Happy Sailing

12 hours ago, Strenz said:

If you are on the Surf this winter and you go to Castries St. Lucia I do not believe the beach barbeque will be at Pigeon Island because the ship is docked. I think it will be at Prickly Pear,  Virgin Gorda, across the little harbor is  Bitter End will now be  open since its redo after the hurricane. Prickly Pear  is great, beach, shade, great beach and water etc. Happy Sailing

Its still being held at Fischers Cove, VG until further notice. We were in the BVI in Sept and chatting with one of the BVI park rangers; given that Prickly Pear is a bird/wildlife sanctuary, they are trying to minimize some traffic on PP for awhile. We stopped by for a moment and the Sandbox (the bar there) is also closed. 

2 hours ago, FlaMilkman said:

We are on the December 11th sailing of the Wind Surf that is scheduled to visit Pigeon Island.  Nothing on our documentation details where / when the barbecue will be held.

Pigeon Island looks like the only stop on that cruise suitable for a beach BBQ.