Live from the Emerald Princess 11/16-11/26

wrongwaywatson

6 hours ago, camlovestocruise said:

Would anyone be able to post a princess patter from this panama cruise on a sea day?  I am wanting to share with someone who has never cruised to get an idea of what there is to do on a sea day.

Thanks in advance!

We just got home! I have all of my patters in a folder.  I will post it for you tomorrow.

Disembarkation was a breeze.  Overall it was a wonderful cruise!  The crew were fantastic and the passengers were all happy to be sailing once again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

We are still scheduled to stop in CR.  I will screenshot the port guide when we receive it.  Excursions are still going on.   I will report back after we go there

Yesterday DH and I ordered a drink with our app when we were in the pool area.  I ordered it at 1:46 and it was delivered at 1:48.  I was impressed!  Now, we were sitting close to the bar, but I still thought that was quick

The comedy show tonight was a different comedian, Tom Briscoe.  We enjoyed it very much.  HUGE improvement from the first guy. 

We are booked to cruise on the Emerald Jan 8 - 28  (10 plus 10) so it's interesting to read all the comments here. We want to get away from winter weather in Toronto and we are looking forward to being back on a ship after almost 2 years of staying home.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:06 AM, mary_228 said:

Hi there! We are booked on the same tour later this month. Did you enjoy it? Any tips for us?

Absolutely loved it. But be prepared for a long day. We didn’t even leave the Emerald until 11:30. There is a 2 hour bus ride to the ferry. We then had an hour delay waiting for the canal pilot. Once we finished the transit we had to off board the pilot which was another delay. They did feed us lunch but we didn’t get back to the ship until 8:30. Needless to say we were hungry. I did have some snacks with me but couldn’t order from room service fast enough 😂

I don’t think everyone experiences all the delays we did but be prepared for a long day. I have no regrets going on this excursion. 

On 12/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, puggymom said:

Absolutely loved it. But be prepared for a long day. We didn’t even leave the Emerald until 11:30. There is a 2 hour bus ride to the ferry. We then had an hour delay waiting for the canal pilot. Once we finished the transit we had to off board the pilot which was another delay. They did feed us lunch but we didn’t get back to the ship until 8:30. Needless to say we were hungry. I did have some snacks with me but couldn’t order from room service fast enough 😂

I don’t think everyone experiences all the delays we did but be prepared for a long day. I have no regrets going on this excursion. 

Thanks for the feedback. I totally missed the details about a long bus ride. I'm not sure I would have signed up for it. Was the group from Princess "segregated" in any way from the general population? I am worried about being exposed to variants.