Live from the Emerald Princess 11/16-11/26

wrongwaywatson

6 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Couple of questions:

- Are they handing out free masks? Or do I have to pay?

- The MDH, can I order multiple entrees, as in the past?

Thanks

In August I ordered a mask from room service & received a free pkg of 5 masks. So if you order and want 4 don't enter '4' as the amount or you'll get 20! LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

I keep hearing there is no more bar soap in the cabins?

Have gotten bar soap?

Don't think so.  We always travel with our own preferred type since often are provided cheap stuff which is sometimes scented not to our liking.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chamima said:

I keep hearing there is no more bar soap in the cabins?

Have gotten bar soap?

I was on the Emerald for 15 days last month thru the Canal , definitely still bar soap in the cabins at the sinks. I prefer it in the shower also, and the steward happily supplied additional bars

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, JeffM1 said:

Question about your upcoming stop in Costa Rica.  We are on the Emerald Jan 28th, which is scheduled to stop in Costa Rica also.   Costa Rica is currently on the US State Department Do Not Travel (red) category list because of Covid.  My question is, are you still scheduled to stop In Costa Rica, and if yes, are they still offering Princess tours, and also are they allowing you to get off and go on your own?  Thanks!!!

We were on the Emerald November 6th voyage which had a stop in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica and there were no restrictions regarding going ashore.  We were told to carry either your vaccination card or a photocopy of the original and your photo ID and that was it.  We did go on a Princess tour and there were many offered.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Grego said:

We were on the Emerald November 6th voyage which had a stop in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica and there were no restrictions regarding going ashore.  We were told to carry either your vaccination card or a photocopy of the original and your photo ID and that was it.  We did go on a Princess tour and there were many offered.

Thanks much for the update

Just watched you go through the locks. You are much earlier than the last cruise. It was about 11 am when we got through. 

1 hour ago, Grego said:

I was told original vax card only and port officials took a picture of it as I disembarked.  Wasn’t asked for the photo ID, but always good to have. 

Edited by puggymom

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My app is wonky (borrowed kids term).  I can finally get DMW to open and looking for Salty Dog but it isn't listed under Specialty Restaurants. Does that mean I don't have to make a reservation?

I never saw Salty Dog on the app either FWIW.  However, whenever I walked by or in, it was never crowded. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, puggymom said:

Just watched you go through the locks. You are much earlier than the last cruise. It was about 11 am when we got through. 

I was told original vax card only and port officials took a picture of it as I disembarked.  Wasn’t asked for the photo ID, but always good to have. 

They took a picture of our photocopy and didn't say a word.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, puggymom said:

I hope you are enjoying the Emerald as much as I did

When I took the tender at Panama Canal they packed us in to shuttle us over to the buses. 

Did you take the Monkey and Wildlife Cruise on Gatun Lake” tour?  If so, did you go through the locks before your tour started?  The description is unclear to us.  We are sailing in late December.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, Ombud said:

I'm boarding the Emerald Princess in 3 weeks. I asked for an upsell but was told none were available (plenty of premium balconies .... I'm in a regular balcony). Has anyone asked for an upsell onboard?? Also whats your impression of The Salty Dog?

On the Majestic Princess last month, most of our travel group got free upgrades going from inside to obstructed and the rest from balconies to mini-suites.  They simp[y went to Guest Services and asked.  We were satisfied to just be in Club Class.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beachseeker said:

Did you take the Monkey and Wildlife Cruise on Gatun Lake” tour?  If so, did you go through the locks before your tour started?  The description is unclear to us.  We are sailing in late December.

I took the full transit tour. All tours start after going through the locks. Once anchored in Gatun lake the excursions are announced where to meet as it depends upon what time the ship anchors. The tour tickets will not have a time printed so make sure to listen to the announcements once the ship is anchored 

4 hours ago, beachseeker said:

My husband and I took the Monkey and Wildlife Cruise. It was wonderful. 

We went through the locks before our excursion. Our tour tickets had a group number. The groups were called one at a time and told where to gather for the tenders. From the tenders, we boarded a bus for a 1 hour 15 ride to the boats. The tour itself lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

We saw tamarin and Capuchin monkeys, heard howler monkeys, but they didn't put in an appearance. The guide pointed out a two-toed sloth that everyone, but me, could see. There were bats and turtles. We were satisfied with the trip.

After the boat, we boarded our bus again, for a much shorter trip. We met up with the Emerald in Cristobal. An officer met us at the pier and made sure we got onto the shuttle back to the ship.

I would advise you pack some sealed snacks, such as granola bars,  because there is no telling when your excursion will start and end. It's all dependent on when the Panama Canal authority allows the ship to transit. We returned around 6:30. Princess sent sandwiches and bottles of water to the bus, but they weren't very appealing. 

Edited by Marelaine