Live from the Emerald Princess 11/16-11/26

wrongwaywatson

29 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

The Princess web-site has been pretty clear that the protocols change for cruises that are less than 10 days and for those that are 10 days or more. A ten day cruise falls in the more restrictive category. The way you stated it above, the rules for a 10 day cruise are undefined.

You’re correct, but all I could find on the Princess website today is what I posted above. So my question to those folks on this cruise is if this is a 10 cruise, are you having to wear your masks once you leave your cabin, except for when they actually sit down to eat or drink?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I will get the pic from Crooners tomorrow.  My phone wouldn’t sign in until now

im not sure about how crowded the excursions are, we really haven’t done any yet. We have 2 sea days coming up next snd then Cartegena, Columbia, so I will let you know 

as for masks, it hasn’t been too bad and I hate wearing them.  I haven’t went into the shops and I take the stairs mainly. The few times I’ve rode the elevator, people wore masks.  On the stairs, no.  When I went to the gym, no.  The Princess Theater, everyone wore them in and partway thru a lot came off.  We didn’t have anyone within 10 feet of our party, so it really wasn’t an issue.  The impersonator was GREAT!!!  Highly recommend!  

the water ferry tender into Princess Cays ran quickly.  With only 900 on board and a large percentage staying on the ship, the beach area was not busy at all.   Very nice.  We snorkeled, because we brought our own stuff

hopefully I don’t have login issues tomorrow.  I will try to answer questions

oh, gad a hot dog from the grill for lunch and it was fantastic!!

Thank You!!  How was the water for snorkeling?  Planning to bring our own sets as well.  Was there an area on the beach that you thought was better?
Glad to hear the hot dog was delish... I'm getting excited for our cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jwattle said:

And paying accordingly🥂

Exactly. I checked the dates of my upcoming cruise. On Seabourn, a 7-day cruise would set me back more than 6 times what I'm paying for Princess. That may be worth it to some but not to me.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As this appears to be a 10 day cruise, is Princess requiring you to wear a mask everywhere onboard from the time you leave your cabin or just in designated areas? The reason I ask is because we’re on an 18 day PC cruise on the Caribbean Princess in April

April is so far away from now that nobody can tell you what the mask rules (if any) will be then.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You’re correct, but all I could find on the Princess website today is what I posted above. So my question to those folks on this cruise is if this is a 10 cruise, are you having to wear your masks once you leave your cabin, except for when they actually sit down to eat or drink?

It's right there in the FAQ for US cruises:

image.png.222d16de5602d0001d06a0b21a347b1c.png

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Now all that said, above is the policy, but as you ask, what's really happening on board?

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, jwattle said:

And paying accordingly🥂

Not only that but Princess did serve lobster as an extra option at Sabatini's and also served lobster tails on the last formal night along with escargot and you could order more if you wanted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Im seeing them while walking thru the buffet area anD always on the elevators.  In the piazza, about 50% wearing them in the morning.  I will let you know later today, after our first sea day, as there will be more people here.   In the hallways, I’ve seen about 50%.  After today, I will have a better feel for it 

the elevators are mandatory and the sign says maximum 6 occupants or one travel party.  

Edited by wrongwaywatson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Thank You!!  How was the water for snorkeling?  Planning to bring our own sets as well.  Was there an area on the beach that you thought was better?
Glad to hear the hot dog was delish... I'm getting excited for our cruise.

Water was lovely.  It was a bit windy, but we still saw lots of fish. Staring at the beach from the ship, we were far down in the left, because that’s where we always go, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Now all that said, above is the policy, but as you ask, what's really happening on board?

I will have a better feel after today, our first sea day 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

April is so far away from now that nobody can tell you what the mask rules (if any) will be then.

Understand. I was just curious how Princess was actually implementing their 10 and longer day protocols onboard. We’ll be on Celebrity cruises in Dec and February as well as the current Apex one we’re on, where no masks are required, before our 18 day Caribbean Princess cruise in April. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Thank you for asking this question. We can all read the rules & regs but many would like to know what it is IRL

It's kinda like: "50% back in refundable OBC" but it's being returned on many ships as nonrefundable OBC. No biggie as it's so small a few drinks wipes it out (b4 you state that if you had Princess Plus drinks would be cover. Well if someone had Princess Plus there's no need to buy the internet either)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Question about your upcoming stop in Costa Rica.  We are on the Emerald Jan 28th, which is scheduled to stop in Costa Rica also.   Costa Rica is currently on the US State Department Do Not Travel (red) category list because of Covid.  My question is, are you still scheduled to stop In Costa Rica, and if yes, are they still offering Princess tours, and also are they allowing you to get off and go on your own?  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffM1 said:

Question about your upcoming stop in Costa Rica.  We are on the Emerald Jan 28th, which is scheduled to stop in Costa Rica also.   Costa Rica is currently on the US State Department Do Not Travel (red) category list because of Covid.  My question is, are you still scheduled to stop In Costa Rica, and if yes, are they still offering Princess tours, and also are they allowing you to get off and go on your own?  Thanks!!!

All of that depends on the country and port city not Princess

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, memoak said:

All of that depends on the country and port city not Princess

I was specifically asking if their cruise was still scheduled to stop in Cost Rica on 11/22.  But regarding your answer, are you sure about this?  I asked my travel agent who has been in the business for 25 years, and she indicated she couldn't imagine a cruise line, for liability reasons, taking a ship full of American passengers to a country the State Department had flagged as Do Not Travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffM1 said:

I was specifically asking if their cruise was still scheduled to stop in Cost Rica on 11/22.  But regarding your answer, are you sure about this?  I asked my travel agent who has been in the business for 25 years, and she indicated she couldn't imagine a cruise line, for liability reasons, taking a ship full of American passengers to a country the State Department had flagged as Do Not Travel. 

Almost all of Europe (including the UK) are on the no travel state dept. list.  Also many countries such as Columbia in South America and Belize are on that list.  Yes the do travel to those ports

• Thanks 1

We are still scheduled to stop in CR.  I will screenshot the port guide when we receive it.  Excursions are still going on.   I will report back after we go there

Yesterday DH and I ordered a drink with our app when we were in the pool area.  I ordered it at 1:46 and it was delivered at 1:48.  I was impressed!  Now, we were sitting close to the bar, but I still thought that was quick

The comedy show tonight was a different comedian, Tom Briscoe.  We enjoyed it very much.  HUGE improvement from the first guy. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We are still scheduled to stop in CR.  I will screenshot the port guide when we receive it.  Excursions are still going on.   I will report back after we go there

Yesterday DH and I ordered a drink with our app when we were in the pool area.  I ordered it at 1:46 and it was delivered at 1:48.  I was impressed!  Now, we were sitting close to the bar, but I still thought that was quick

The comedy show tonight was a different comedian, Tom Briscoe.  We enjoyed it very much.  HUGE improvement from the first guy. 

So questioning minds want know why didn’t you just walk up to the bar ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

So questioning minds want know why didn’t you just walk up to the bar ?

Just testing out the app!  The first time we used it in 2019, it took 45 minutes for a drink to be delivered 

plus, the bar was near the smoking section and the smoke bothers me.  I had previously went up for a soda.  I was getting a strawberry daiquiri this time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Thanks much!  Looking forward to the info on CR.

• Like 2