What's The Enclave/Thermal Suite like currently on US Sailings?

5:00_Somewhere

I have a question for the CC hive mind. 🙂

We have always enjoyed the Thermal Suite (on Grand Class ships) and The Enclave (on Royal Class ships), and are hoping to schedule some time there during our upcoming B2B on the Sky next month. I understand these amenities are available, but I'm wondering what the experience is like these days for those on Princess ships currently sailing from US Ports, in light of the over-all COVID protocols on board.

For instance, are they limiting the numbers of people who can have access at any one time; are masks required (would seem difficult in that setting); social distancing (I assume it's recommended); etc.?

Does anyone have any current personal experiences they can share? Again, I'm familiar with how it's been handled in the past, but am interested in how things are currently operating in light of the shipboard COVID protocols.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

Just off the Majestic as of last weekend.  We purchased the couples weekly pass in advance for the Enclave.  We ended up using it only twice but on both of those occasions never saw more than 2 or 3 other people in there.  We were there for about an hour and a half each time and  it seemed we all just respectfully gave each other space.  Of course the ship was only about 50% occupied.

2 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Just off the Majestic as of last weekend.  We purchased the couples weekly pass in advance for the Enclave.  We ended up using it only twice but on both of those occasions never saw more than 2 or 3 other people in there.  We were there for about an hour and a half each time and  it seemed we all just respectfully gave each other space.  Of course the ship was only about 50% occupied.

Thank you so much for this information. Sounds great.  We don't know for certain how full our ship will be, but have heard they won't be sailing at more than 60% capacity (but that's more rumor than fact, I suspect).

We did wear our masks into the locker room- but left them there.  Did not wear them into the hydro po or the steam rooms or while relaxing on the heated tile beds.  As I mentioned earlier, we only saw 2 or 3 people in the whole area and they were not wearing masks although the girls at the desk and the attendants all wore masks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just realized that I forgot to come back here once we boarded to report back on our experience with the Enclave on the Sky Princess.

First thing to note is that you can only get the $219/couple price if you book BEFORE you board. Once you board the ship, the price is $149/person and they say they cannot give you the couples price.

Also, as noted above, masks were not required once we left the changing rooms, although we did occasionally see people wearing them in the Enclave.

They initially told us that they would be limiting the numbers of people permitted in the Enclave at one time, due to Covid protocols. At first it did seem to be the case that there weren't more than 12 people in at one time (same as the number of heated tile beds). However, as our 2-week cruise progressed, there were definitely many more than 12 people permitted in, and it was as busy as ever at "peak" times (especially on sea days).  This was true even though our ship was only about 45% capacity the first week and 35% the second week. We did our best to avoid peak times to avoid crowds.

There were also some deferred maintenance issues which I can only assume are due to Covid-related staff reductions. For instance, the dry heat sauna was barely warm, and the showers did not all seem to be working properly (and, yes, we know the operation of the buttons is "quirky" at the best of times), and only 1 of the buttons worked to turn on the jets, etc., in the whirlpool. We reported these issues at the beginning of our first week but, while we did see people who appeared to be in maintenance attire walking through on occasion, none of these issues was remedied by the time we disembarked by the time we disembarked 2 weeks later.

Finally, we were a little disappointed (though not surprised) to find the typical "chair hogs" present when the Enclave got busy, using towels to "save" the tile loungers, while they were off in the whirlpool or steam rooms for extended periods.  Also, many people did not seem to have been told - or care - that the Enclave is intended to be a quiet, peaceful environment. People were listening to audio (music, TicToc videos, even having a FactTime call) on their mobile devices without headphones, and often talking especially in the whirlpool, loudly to overcome the sound of the jets. When one lady pointed to the "quiet please" sign and politely asked a group to lower their voices, she was essentially shouted down very rudely. 

I've always enjoyed the Thermal Spa and Enclave on Princess ships but, after this experience, I don't now whether I'll do it again. Just my 2¢. Hope this information is helpful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wen_c82 said:

Does anyone know if persons booked in separate cabin can use a couple pass or does it only apply to the same cabin. Thanks

I asked and was told that it is ok.  I bought one for myself and my sister.  I hope I received the correct answer.