Greek Islands Cruise with 2 College Aged Kids-Which itinerary/ship is better?

VA4family

I've actually been to every one of those ports (on different ships) with kids the same age not that long ago - they're now in their late 20s. Each itinerary has something to offer. You ask which port is preferable between Kotor and Santorini and I would say Kotor every time because of the spectacular sail-in and the absolute pain of getting off the ship and into town in Santorini. 

However, on balance I would go with Brilliance based on the ship itself and what it has to offer over Rhapsody. It's a good few years since we've been on a Vision class ship because we find them pretty boring. For young people, the sports court on Brilliance could be appealing and there's just more places to go on the ship.

Having said that, both itineraries take you to some great ports. Please let us know which one you choose and am sure you'll get plenty of suggestions for things to do in port.

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

I would recommend switching to the Brilliance of the Seas itinerary. That itinerary would hold adventure, excitement, a more fun ship, and the opportunity to enjoy the ship more. Between Santorini and Kotor, I would pick Santorini because it is absolutely gorgeous and unusual. There is a lot of adventure to be had simply with how you get to the top of the island, either by donkey or cable car. Kotor was a breakout highlight for my husband, though. It is full of adventure, hiking, and history. No matter which itineraries you choose, it will be a win, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I would recommend switching to the Brilliance of the Seas itinerary. That itinerary would hold adventure, excitement, a more fun ship, and the opportunity to enjoy the ship more. Between Santorini and Kotor, I would pick Santorini because it is absolutely gorgeous and unusual. There is a lot of adventure to be had simply with how you get to the top of the island, either by donkey or cable car. Kotor was a breakout highlight for my husband, though. It is full of adventure, hiking, and history. No matter which itineraries you choose, it will be a win, though.

No one should ever even consider using the abused mistreated donkeys …

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone for your opinions and suggestions.   

Both kids will be home for a couple of days at Thanksgiving and we plan to discuss with them (again).

On our previous Western Med trip, everyone enjoyed sightseeing, history and culture during the day and also enjoyed all of the activities, food, and entertainment on Freedom in the evenings.   Of course that was 4 years ago, now they seem to like a better balance of activities and relaxation.   

If I remember correctly, both Brilliance and Rhapsody have similar food options, but Brilliance has more activities like sports court, mini golf, and even a movie theater?  Are there other features of ship that I  am missing?