Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

9 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

So, how goes the bug bites sid ? 

They're looking better, but sometimes they still itch... It'll be a random one, and it just starts to itch from out of the blue... Hopefully, they end up healing, and don't get worse. The doctor at the Emory Travel Well Clinic said that the only way to test for the parasite is to do a biopsy...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the bug bites: fortunately, they look like they're healing, rather than getting worse at this point. The red marks are still present, but no more itching, and hopefully I'm out of the woods on any sort of parasite infection. In other news, I've been home from work all week with corona virus, but I'm on the other side of that now as well. Currently 133 days out from my back to back cruise on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady. I considered the possibility of trying to take one of those bargain Carnival cruises, which it seems they're almost giving them away now, but I just can't afford to miss anymore work right now... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Update on the bug bites: fortunately, they look like they're healing, rather than getting worse at this point. The red marks are still present, but no more itching, and hopefully I'm out of the woods on any sort of parasite infection. In other news, I've been home from work all week with corona virus, but I'm on the other side of that now as well. Currently 133 days out from my back to back cruise on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady. I considered the possibility of trying to take one of those bargain Carnival cruises, which it seems they're almost giving them away now, but I just can't afford to miss anymore work right now... 

Noticed a few threads back that you were sick, but I didn't notice for what. Covid hit home huh. Do you think you picked it up from the ship or did it follow you home from the islands?

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Noticed a few threads back that you were sick, but I didn't notice for what. Covid hit home huh. Do you think you picked it up from the ship or did it follow you home from the islands?

A guy at work had it last week, so I assume that I got it from him... Fortunately, I didn't end up getting really sick, but I wouldn't recommend going out and catching it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party....but a couple slower than normal days as work allowed me to read along beginning to end! Thanks for taking us along on your journey! Hopefully by now, you are out of the funk that you were experiencing on this cruise! 

I have my first post COVID cruise scheduled on the Valor this October and I can't wait to get on a ship again. Last cruise was almost three years ago on the Paradise to Cuba. I appreciate your desire to experience local life while in port. We like to do the same! Though now that I have a child, I'm a little less adventurous than I used to be! 

Going back to read your Virgin Voyages review next! I'm very intrigued to try that line out! I had friends who cruised on them not too long ago and it blew them away! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest BasicSailor
13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Good afternoon fellow "cruise critics"... Join me over on the Virgin Voyages board for ten nights of sun and fun aboard the Scarlet Lady!

👍

• 4 months later...

Was bored on a Sunday and gone through both your Virgin Cruises as well as this one. You have a new fan.

As you are a fan of Biryani, i would highly suggest Bawarchi in Sandy Springs on Roswell Rd. They have great food. Only that particular location though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vpat48 said:

Was bored on a Sunday and gone through both your Virgin Cruises as well as this one. You have a new fan.

As you are a fan of Biryani, i would highly suggest Bawarchi in Sandy Springs on Roswell Rd. They have great food. Only that particular location though.

Holy resurrection Batman!... Thanks for reading, and I'll check that place out. I'm always on the lookout for something new and great...