Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

I didn't feel like driving, plus I haven't had a shower yet, so I can't get in my car right now... I walked over to Whole Foods and grabbed a big bag of jerk marinated chicken wings, and they're in the air fryer now. Nice healthy meal after a week of gluttony... I also picked up a twelve pack of local beer, cuz I am in for the night... Go figure, I couldn't choke down a drink for a couple of days, and I get back home and the itch is back. Speaking of itching, those bites from Roatan are reaching critical mass...

• Like 12

And, that concludes a long strange week on the Mardi Gras... I'll return soon to add my final summary, as well as thanking EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU personally (*by username)... Thanks for joining me on this adventure...

PXL_20211204_224935256.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

On 11/26/2021 at 5:58 PM, sid_9169 said:

I can tell you one thing about this hotel, it smells like an ashtray even on the outside... I think that I'll reconsider any cruise out of this port altogether.

You should have stayed at a nicer and new one!!  We stayed at the new Hampton Inn Cruise Port a couple of blocks from the Raddison and it is night and day difference!!!  Very, very nice accommodations and it had a great outside bar with lots of cruisers!!

We stayed at the Raddison for a long time but stopped several years ago because it has really gone downhill!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 6

Here I am, having to cook my own meals, and do my own dishes...

After a week of consuming everything possible, in both solid and liquid form, that the new Mardi Gras has to offer, have to attempt to transform back into "back home Sid", as opposed to "cruise life Sid"... It's not going to be easy...  

I probably could've chosen something more calorie conscious than this, but it is what it is...

PXL_20211204_231346332.thumb.jpg.26b8c759ec8b693b77e2f8da6bde1642.jpg

PXL_20211204_235730836.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 14

If I were to tell you that the new Mardi Gras is the greatest Carnival ship ever, it would be true, in every way possible... This ship is on a whole nother level  as far as the cruising industry is concerned... With variety beyond anything preceding it in the CCL brand anyway...  Although, I never even experienced most of the stuff that was going on all over the ship, it's safe to say that you could spend a week on the Mardi Gras, and still not discover all she has to offer...

• Like 13

Well I was ON the ship same time as you and I still read your review!  - Never saw you ....  but I will say I loved the Mardi Gras!   The food... oh the Shaq's!  I will back you up that it is better then Jesus Chicken any day! 

Next up in 29 days ... back on the Mardi Gras .. with my husband instead of my mom... see how much of a different experience that will be for me! 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

If I were to tell you that the new Mardi Gras is the greatest Carnival ship ever, it would be true, in every way possible... This ship is on a whole nother level  as far as the cruising industry is concerned... With variety beyond anything preceding it in the CCL brand anyway...  Although, I never even experienced most of the stuff that was going on all over the ship, it's safe to say that you could spend a week on the Mardi Gras, and still not discover all she has to offer...

That's why we're doing a B2B in April! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

By the way, if you think that I'm just a mean mean person, pointing these things out, I'm sure that there's plenty of stuff about me for other people to criticize... 

Well, since you laid the gauntlet down, I have been known to need a seat belt extender on certain flights, but I have never crashed on a cruise at 700 pm or for 12 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Sid.....been following your entire journey and it was just like being on the boat. Been on 16 CCL

cruises and never had a bad time. I've often wonder about taking a solo cruise but I think I'd be 

miserable. Been married for 40 years and without someone telling me what to do and when to do it

I'd probably just sit in the room. That was a joke.....

My last cruise almost 2 years ago was very thought provoking. I thought I too was burned out on cruising but after being away for COVID I miss it terribly. Hopefully my next cruise, the Horizon on 

April 30, 2022 will reinvigorate my desires.

Thanks for taking me along.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

That is why we're sailing on her B2B in February and again in August, making it the first time ever sailing on a particular ship 4 times.

• Like 1

Great review as always Sid. We were recently on the Pride and really enjoyed the cruise, but it felt different. I can relate to how you felt. I truly believe it's because of all the annoying things we have to adhere to. Hopefully back to normal will be sooner than later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The saddest part will be in the morning when you can’t go to Big Chicken. 😞 I’ve been off the MG for 2 weeks now, and I still want a chicken biscuit every morning. 

I will be on the Mardi Gras on the 18th and I am already sad about not being able to get it once I get off the ship.

• Like 2