Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

Gate 74... I'm telling you, now I know what it's like to be in the Diamond or Platinum line at Carnival. That TSA pre check just saved me a half hour of waiting in line, taking my shoes off, walking on the filthy airport floor, ect... I'm here at the gate two hours early. They have an Outback steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, and Nathan's hot dogs. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to "purchase" food again yet, after eating all that "included" stuff on the ship...

• Like 10

Still almost an hour until boarding time. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I get home. Take a shower. Go out and rake the leaves off the top of my car, which is hopefully still there. Definitely find something to eat, since I haven't had anything since 7:30 this morning, and I won't eat airport food. (Well, I won't pay airport prices for food) At least tomorrow is Sunday, and I have one more day to acclimate to the real World before going back to work on Monday... I had been bandying about the idea of a cruise over Christmas break, but that's definitely out now, as I still don't know what's wrong with me. Not going to spend that kind of money, not even knowing if I'll have a good time. Hopefully, whatever it is works itself out before my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady cruise in May 2022. I may or may not do any kind of review, since I already did, and I've pretty much done everything on that ship there is to do. Well, not the shows, but I'm not going to go to any of them next time either. To be honest, I forgot where the cruise even goes, other than I'll be seeing Bimini twice, since they go there every cruise... 

• Like 11

Fortunately, I boarded as the first person in main zone 1, as baggage space is already filling up quickly. I had to go one row back for a space. Then, the lady in the window seat shows up, and has to go back two rows to stow her bag. She then proceeded to take about twenty airplane selfies after getting settled in. Finally, the aisle seat person shows up, and she's spilling over into my seat on my right. As long as the plane doesn't crash, I'll survive until Atlanta...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Fortunately, I boarded as the first person in main zone 1, as baggage space is already filling up quickly. I had to go one row back for a space. Then, the lady in the window seat shows up, and has to go back two rows to stow her bag. She then proceeded to take about twenty airplane selfies after getting settled in. Finally, the aisle seat person shows up, and she's spilling over into my seat on my right. As long as the plane doesn't crash, I'll survive until Atlanta...

The people we saw on the mardi gras a few weeks ago would never fit into one airplane seat or even 2. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1