VIFP PLATINUM AND DIAMOND SUITE GUESTS UPDATE AND ONLINE CHECK-IN INVITATION

destiny217

Being able to redeem the free bottle of water in the Dining Room or your Stateroom is a nice clarification here. Before it was only available at a Bar. Although I drank the bottle of water in my room in August on the Breeze and was never charged for it and I figured they must have bartered it off against the free bottle for the loyalty program. Still, better to see that established for certain. 

14 hours ago, destiny217 said:

One letter was to VIFP PLATINUM AND DIAMOND SUITE GUESTS (we are sailing the Pride).

The 2nd letter was to Platinum and Diamond Guests.

Ah Dang nabit!!  In my haste to want to believe it was true, I misread this yesterday.  I can now clearly see and admit that it does indeed address specifically those cruisers who have booked a suite and are also diamond or platinum.   Grumble, grumble, grumble...must not partake in at home Cheers package before reading important things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Ah Dang nabit!!  In my haste to want to believe it was true, I misread this yesterday.  I can now clearly see and admit that it does indeed address specifically those cruisers who have booked a suite and are also diamond or platinum.   Grumble, grumble, grumble...must not partake in at home Cheers package before reading important things.

Been there, done that.  Happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, icft said:

I'm glad they are putting out these emails. On our September cruise there was nothing said and nothing in the room. Since I didn't take a print-out of Diamond benefits we didn't remember some of them and therefore didn't ask guest services how to get things like chocolate delights or brunch beverages. (Having almost always taken Premier cruises in the past we were not sure what was a Premier benefit and what was a Diamond benefit - didn't care, just took what we got - but nothing?) We only got what we remembered and only after specifically asking guest services how to get them. Big deal? No. Very cheap and petty of Carnival? Yes.

That experience is the reason I looked for and found this forum. It is the only way to find out things - Carnival darn sure didn't let us know about changes. Perhaps enough folks called them on it that they are changing their ways.

Your opinion matters as does mine and I do not feel its cheap and petty. One more step for us to do yes but not the end of the world, in my opinion. What I think is cheap is when people feel the need to smuggle alcohol onboard in rum runners. That’s cheap and that’s petty. 

Edited by SwordBlazer Cruising
  • Like 1