PLF - which test reference ?

watsonbeau

Appreciate things might change , but at present there is the requirement for a lateral flow (or pcr) test 2 days before arrival and a PCR 2 days after arriving. 

Firstly do we know anything for round trip Southampton voyages, about whether Cunard will be providing the “before arrival test” onboard, assuming for a $ cost ? Or do passengers bring their own with them ? 

Also for the PLF which test kit reference you would need to put ? Is it the before arrival or the after arrival ? Not filled in Plf before so don’t know what’s involved and can’t find any info nor can you print one out to look!

Am getting in a total tizz about tests and Plf, doing it all online etc that I’m getting totally stressed out.  Thank you 

I completed my PLF this weekend for sailing on 13th December out of Southampton. As far ad I'm aware, the test reference you need for the form is still the 2nd day PCR test you take on arrival. The reference number is given to you after you book with a test provider (I went with Randox). 

I'm also hoping/assuming the before departure tests are conducted by Cunard on board as we have 2 sea days on the 48 hours before our return to Southampton.  Cunard does offer testing on board for $25/LFT and $35/PCR, this listed in MyCunard. It would be reassuring to have a quick email from Cunard confirming that they plan to offer this to all guests en route home to meet new govt requirements....

• Like 1

Thank you. I’m looking at Eurofins as no Randox boxes near me at all.  I have two LFTs I bought originally for the day 2 so am taking them with me just in case, but would certainly hope Cunard arrange something onboard as like yourself I have sea days before returning to Southampton.  I have started the PLFs in so far as I can go.

I just hope after all the hassle of tests PLFs insurance and so on that it’s going to have been worth it ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, watsonbeau said:

Thank you. I’m looking at Eurofins as no Randox boxes near me at all.  I have two LFTs I bought originally for the day 2 so am taking them with me just in case, but would certainly hope Cunard arrange something onboard as like yourself I have sea days before returning to Southampton.  I have started the PLFs in so far as I can go.

I just hope after all the hassle of tests PLFs insurance and so on that it’s going to have been worth it ! 

Have you looked at Testingforall they have many Priority Royal Mail boxes that you can return your PCR test to them within 2 days of arrival in UK. 

4 hours ago, watsonbeau said:

If you hadn't spotted Randox have a box on M27 Northbound services as you leave Southampton.   Ideal for those off cruise.

• Thanks 1

We used Source Bioscience after our recent QM2 cruise. We did the test on the morning of the second day - took it to a priority post office ( we live in Torquay and there were 3 listed). We had a (thankfully negative) response by text and email at 3pm on day 3 - excellent service. Price was £35 each test.

1 hour ago, Mickb said:

We used Source Bioscience after our recent QM2 cruise. We did the test on the morning of the second day - took it to a priority post office ( we live in Torquay and there were 3 listed). We had a (thankfully negative) response by text and email at 3pm on day 3 - excellent service. Price was £35 each test.

Can't rely on post on the one we on... arrives 23rd December, and we all want to be with family on Xmas day..   Even royal mail won't guarantee delivery that time of year, last posting days etc.

13 hours ago, starquake said:

Can't rely on post on the one we on... arrives 23rd December, and we all want to be with family on Xmas day..   Even royal mail won't guarantee delivery that time of year, last posting days etc.

Unless you get a company that gives you the all clear by either attending a clinic, costs a fortune, or you are very lucky to get a negative result then officially you are supposed to self isolate until you do get negative result. If you risk it and ignore and get caught could be an expensive Christmas.

• Like 1

I plan to complete my PCR test on arrival at Southampton and drop off at.the drop box en route to self isolate. I.should have my results by midnight on 24th or earlier. I only plan to see family after that. Hopefully it all works as planned 🙏 

• Like 1

https://www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk/southampton-covid-19-pcr-testing-same-day-and-next-day-covid-19-pcr-service/

West Quay Shopping Centre, showing PCR £99 for same day result at Southampton or £65 next day 24/36hrs Pre Book. You get a reference number for your PLF by e mail/text when you book. Used the next day test at another branch this week  at 12noon received certificate/Result  by 9am the following morning by email 

Some Branches, locations  of same company are cheaper.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1