Recent Move Up Bid Acceptance Timelines

mahealey1

I would appreciate anyone's view on this one!!!

If available I always try to "move up" and have a good success rate. I put an offer in for a couple of upgrades and know that when one goes "expired" and the other is still "Pending" but can't be cancelled an upgrade is on it's way...... Do a dummy booking and I can even get some idea of where the cabin is  likely to be

HOWEVER

I have a cruise on Millennium on a couple of weeks and my CS offer has been rejected and the RS offer can't be cancelled ... great news ...BUT there has been no RS available for months.

How does that work.... 

1 minute ago, york survey said:

If available I always try to "move up" and have a good success rate. I put an offer in for a couple of upgrades and know that when one goes "expired" and the other is still "Pending" but can't be cancelled an upgrade is on it's way...... Do a dummy booking and I can even get some idea of where the cabin is  likely to be

HOWEVER

I have a cruise on Millennium on a couple of weeks and my CS offer has been rejected and the RS offer can't be cancelled ... great news ...BUT there has been no RS available for months.

How does that work.... 

If you won it your first indication will be your credit card is charged.   I have alerts setup with my CC company and within seconds of it processing my Fitbit vibrates and I see a message that an Charge of XXX amount was made by Celebrity Cruises.   When I open the X app it shows the new room and an email follows shortly.    

I won a Penthouse and none had been available for months.    I believe it was a last minute cancellation

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you won it your first indication will be your credit card is charged.   I have alerts setup with my CC company and within seconds of it processing my Fitbit vibrates and I see a message that an Charge of XXX amount was made by Celebrity Cruises.   When I open the X app it shows the new room and an email follows shortly.    

I won a Penthouse and none had been available for months.    I believe it was a last minute cancellation

Thanks for the quick reply... i'll keep my fingers crossed

On 3/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, york survey said:

HOWEVER

How does that work.... 

We are sailing the Millie on 10 day Pacific Coastal May 3rd.  Just booked this on Monday and yesterday, already received the Move Up offer email.. Currently in a FV cabin but considering a bid for Royal Suite.  Let us know how it works out for you!

• 3 months later...

PLEASE BE AWARE

I received this answer back from the move up department when asking about move up bids being refundable under the cruise with confidence policy. I also asked her to double check and state the policy in writing. It is not written anywhere on the website that I can see. I removed my bids.

Thank you for your email. The MoveUp money would be held in penalty if canceled under the Cruise with Confidence as it is non-refundable. Should you test positive and send in the results to us, at that time we would be able to refund the money. Please let me know if I can further assist. “

• 1 month later...

Hi All. My husband and I placed multiple bids on our August 2022 cruise. The initial offers still say our bids have been accepted. When does our email change to pending or expired?  Are we looking in the right place to gather this info?

Sometimes my final (successful) notification has only come 2 or 3 days before sailing.

I have always received a Text that my Credit Card was just charged.

Checking your Edocs on X's web site will show your New Cabin assignment (Well it always has for Me) but your luggage tags may not be changed before you sail.

14 hours ago, D. B. said:

Sometimes my final (successful) notification has only come 2 or 3 days before sailing.

I have always received a Text that my Credit Card was just charged.

Checking your Edocs on X's web site will show your New Cabin assignment (Well it always has for Me) but your luggage tags may not be changed before you sail.

Thanks much for your reply. I’ll keep checking.