She LIVES!!!!!!

bazzaw

On 12/12/2021 at 5:25 AM, bazzaw said:

This has made my day!!! - and sailing from Tilbury, London. This "could" give me a reason to go back to the UK one more time. https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/

A "Friends Of" group for that new line is on a much used social media site. Group was created by folk who were "friends of CMV"  which sadly went bust due to covid. (Ships Marco Polo, Astor, and others have been scrapped). It seems associates could be involved with Ambassador...  Tilbury is a great location to sail from, and the smaller ship experience is great...

16 minutes ago, Big Kev said:

A "Friends Of" group for that new line is on a much used social media site. Group was created by folk who were "friends of CMV"  which sadly went bust due to covid. (Ships Marco Polo, Astor, and others have been scrapped). It seems associates could be involved with Ambassador...  Tilbury is a great location to sail from, and the smaller ship experience is great...

I have sailed from and to Southampton a number of times - and have always wanted to sail from Tilbury in London

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I have sailed from and to Southampton a number of times - and have always wanted to sail from Tilbury in London

Okay, I was just wondering what the attraction was.

I feel dudded when the same people who ran CMV can just walk away from all the debts and then set up a new line with no issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Okay, I was just wondering what the attraction was.

I feel dudded when the same people who ran CMV can just walk away from all the debts and then set up a new line with no issues.

I am also excited to hear that Pacific Dawn is still alive . I was very fond of her ( next to Queen Mary 2, she was our favourite) - and our last cruise was on her after a refit in Singapore in 2019 . She was the best I had ever seen her and then Covid came and I thought she had been scrapped. 

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I've always thought similar about when a business goes broke, leaving creditors, often including employees wages & entitlements, out of pocket, & then they get to start again with no responsibility or carryover from the existing business, perhaps just having a token owner/director to meet some legal obligations, but the same people effectively owning & running the business. Just not right! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, bazzaw said:

I am also excited to hear that Pacific Dawn is still alive . I was very fond of her ( next to Queen Mary 2, she was our favourite) - and our last cruise was on her after a refit in Singapore in 2019 . She was the best I had ever seen her and then Covid came and I thought she had been scrapped. 

PD was even better when she was ye olde Regal Princess Barry. We were on Regal's last trip, LA to Sydney, September 2007, before the makeover and relaunch.  I have to agree re QM2, best ship I have ever been on. Nothing else like her.

• Thanks 1