Late for the boat?

We have booked our cruise through the RCCL website and had the air travel included. We are scheduled to arrive at the Fort Lauderdale airport only 2 hours before departure. Being from the North East, we are afraid we may end up with bad weather and the flights might be delayed. What would RCL do if we miss the boat?

did you get the insurance? check yr policy for that... we too had i guess that same flight as you- they will put you up and fly you to meet the ship at the next port but on the western itin that is several days later:eek: - but that was not ok w/ us so we paid the $$$ to get our flights changed to 6am that morning... if i had read these boards first i would have paid the custom air fee up front and made better plans in the beginning... the flight home is barely better but hey- thats after so:rolleyes: ...

Since you booked air through RCCL, you should be OK. They will have someone to meet your flight, gather your bags and get you to the ship. I wouldn't worry too much, but you certainly can call either RCCL or your TA (depending on how you booked) and ask!

And that is why I, and most other CC, experienced cruisers, do NOT let RC book our flights!

They will wait for you IF there are a LOT of passengers on RC-arranged flights that are late and IF it's not "too late." There is NO guarantee that they will wait for you. None. Read your docs. It stinks.

And that is why I, and most other CC, experienced cruisers, do NOT let RC book our flights!

They will wait for you IF there are a LOT of passengers on RC-arranged flights that are late and IF it's not "too late." There is NO guarantee that they will wait for you. None. Read your docs. It stinks.

Agreed! I would be too stressed out flying in the same day :eek:

###

If you booked with RCI either on line or by phone directly, they will tell you when their shuttles run...you just have to call and ask, if the rep you get acts like they dont know, just say thank you and call back:p ..I got the info I needed just by asking..found out when first and last shuttle was running. If RCI booked your air, they are responsible for getting you there on time...they dont want to pay to catch you up to the ship.

I think the red eye would be a beating...but, thats just me.:o

Archived