~*50lbs by October 2006 ~ My 8 Month WW Challenge!*~

raina*faith

Hi Bill - I checked out your link too! The book looks good! :) Good luck with your new book!!!

Raina - I was so very bad :o I did go to the gym though and walked 40 mins not that forgives me for what I did earlier today but I didn't want to go to the gym and I forced myself! When is this going to become easier? It seems to be getting harder!! I am such a picky eater though so it is hard for me to find a lot of things to eat that I like. Oh well. I also will not eat anything else at all today!!!!!! Hope you all are doing better!!! :)

Terri, hey sweetie, I feel you when you say you are a picky eater. I'm so the same way. Get this here are a list of foods, I can't or shouldn't have:

• Any dairy (cheese, yogurt, milk, creamy anything)
  • tomatoes
  • broccoli
  • oninons
  • chocolate -I'm allergic
  • rice
  • peanut butter - I'm allergic
  • mayonnaise
  • shortbread cookies (give me gas)
  • I don't like lettuce (learning to like)
  • I drink soy only
  • low calorie drinks - too sweet for me
  • I can't have kind of carbination
  • Some fried chicken (mostly store brought)
  • I'm addicted to sugar (I've been 2 weeks sober) thank God for ww! :)
  • I can't sample foods, it makes me sick
  • no garlicly food
  • no spicy foods

So, i'm real picky when it comes to food. Not too much of this, not enough of that. Lots of times I just say forget it. My family is just about sick of me. And I'm sure I suffer from OCD somewhere in there. So, for the last couple of weeks, I've just been trying to eat foods that won't make me sick.

Hang in there honey, we can do this together! :D

Morning all!!!

Raina - oh your list!!! I love dairy!!!! I love chocolate!!! I don't care for salads but some nights I eat lettuce only with a little bit of some sort of fat-free dressing and then on the side I eat the Perdue Chicken Shortcuts. Most people might put the chicken in the salad - but not me!! lol!!! Why can't you drink anything carbonated?? I can't really drink soda because I take a medicine that makes the soda taste ick!!! But I guess that is a good thing! I DID buy a bag of sliced carrots this morning!! Oh boy!!! I am going to try try to eat some of them! Wish me luck! lol!!!!

Today is a new day and feeling positive!

Good morning my fellow Cruise Critic Loosers!

Today is a good day, hope everyone is doing well.

Terri, soda is my enemy unless I drink it with lots of ice to dilute the bubles. PEPSI is like a death wish for me, unless its on pleanty of ice.

Have a great day everyone I'll check back later on today!:)

This morning I also bought a box of Total Raisin Bran and had a small bowl for breakfast. I liked it!!!! Yay! You see - I am a sugar cereal person!!! Love the bad cereal!!! My Mom also picked my up a bag of Quaker Oats chocolate mini rice-cakes. They are pretty darn good. There are 60 cals in 7 cakes. Actually, they are called Quakes and I ate them for my mid-morning snack!

Dolfin--

You might want to also try Orville Redenbacher popcorn cakes. They make one that caramel...and it's so good. On WW, one cake is one point and I like the crunch and the taste. :)

Those things are sooooooo good. I love them with some LF (low fat) cream cheese. That is my sweet snack/dessert.

I don't know if anyone else noticed or not, but my little vacation time keeper has changed to 7 months!!! It won't be long now. ;)

On another note, My husband and i have decided to take our second honeymoon. In FRANCE!!!! :eek: We won't be going for another 2 years but, I can't wait! (we've got one more cruise before our trip to France). Everyone have a great night. I'm looking at my reruns of my most favorite show: I love this show!!

sopranos.gif

Yeah, baby.............Tony Rules. Sopranos forever!!

Bill - thanks for the heads up about the rice cakes!

Raina - I hit under 200 days this week for my cruise! So exciting!! Wow!! France - that is great!!!!!!

I did pretty good today - no greasy food! lol!!! Also went to the gym and walked almost 2 miles - not quite but getting there!!

Good morning, everyone. I did my weigh in this morning, and was down 2.6 pounds. :D I don't think I'm going to make my goal of UNDER 200 by my birthday, later this month. My body seems to be very resistant to more loss. I am lossing and gaining the same 5 pounds over the past two months. :mad:

But I'm in this for the LONG haul, and though my loss is slow (turtle!), I am learning about good eating habits, portion control, food triggers, emotional eating...etc. When I took on this weight loss journey this time, I determined NOT just to lose weight, but to change the way I view and respond to food. That means I have to get to know more about ME, too. It's been good. I journal my eating, read devotional, try to get more exercise, pay attention to when, what and WHY I'm eating...etc.

Okay, I've rambled long enough. I'm taking the day off today and plan to go buy some new pants. Mine are falling off me. ;)

Have a great day, ladies. (I don't think I've seen any other guys here)

Congrats Bill!!! That is great news!!! :) Even though you might not have met your goal in the time period that you wanted - it sounds like you are on the right track and that is what is important!! :) You keep it going!!!

Should we pick a day for an official weigh-in? I think for me the best day would be Friday - Monday is OUT!!! lol!!! I am still bad and weigh myself everyday!!! :eek:

Morning, Dolfin and everyone else!!!

Because I'm on WW, I have the same weigh in every week. And I only weight once a week. I know some folks like to weigh more, but it freaks me out!! :eek: I started out doing my weigh ins on Monday and HATED it. Then moved it to Sunday. Better. I recently changed to Friday and I'm liking it so far. It's important to weigh the same time, the same scale, the same amount of clothing, etc. But for me, in the long run, the numbers on the scales should be less important than what I'm learning about food and me. (Ha! RIght now, what I'm learning is that I want the numbers on the scale to go DOWN!!!!! :mad: )

Bill - I forgot to confirm that yes I am female but I don't know about a lady! ;) lol!!! Just being goofy!!! I weigh myself in the morning - same time and of course in my bday suit!!!!! Shoot! Don't need any clothing to add anything onto the amount!!! :D

Bill - I forgot to confirm that yes I am female but I don't know about a lady! ;) lol!!! Just being goofy!!!

Well, that's just Mama-ingrained Southern chivalry coming through. So difficult sometimes balancing my polite upbringing with my liberal need to be politically correct. ;) What's a guy to do??

Weighing in the nude? Nope. Still have a few clothes on...just out of decorum. (That southern upbringing again!) As one of our old (dead) southern humorist used to say. There's a difference in "nude" and "nekked." Nude is someone with no clothes on. Nekked is someone with no clothes on, who's up to no good. :o

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but it still makes me smile!!

Hello All!

I'm so glad to see everyone posing this morning! First of all let me say Congrats to Bill, Way to go!! 2.6 is almost 3 pounds. I look at it that way! You are doing so well! Good for you. And like Terri said, you're on the right track. Changing your lifestyle (way of thinking about food) is something different than just losing weight. You are doing a great job and here is a star for you.

gold_star.gif

Oh, and you're right Bill there aren't any other men here, yet!! :D Terri, I hope you are having a great day today too. I'm not doing that bad. I just had my morning rice cake and slimfast shake. I hope to reach my water goal today! So far I'm at ;) ;) (16oz.) Gotta finish with 64 oz. by 3:00!

My weigh in day is Sunday. Keeps me honest through the weekend.......

Congrats Terri for hitting your 200 days mark!

We're on a roll everyone! Heading in the right direction ~

disney10.gifOur Goal is ahead, Let's keep moving toward it!

Raina

Ok - so I had a real rough week! I work at a school and it has been madness with kids coming and kids going like planes in an airport! I'm beginning to feel like a traffic controller! (I'm the attendance/registrar at an elementary school!) Anyway, I feel so bad for some of these kids that go to 2 or 3 schools a year - it's got to be rough!

Anyway - I still stayed within my points (well - pretty close anyway! I did use all my bonus points, which I never usually use!) but I haven't had the time or energy to go to the gym or use my airofit! And I know that if I make myself go to the gym, I do feel more energetic when I'm through - but it so easy to find other things to do! (Excuses, excuses!) At any rate, I was determined to get back on it this morning, so I did one mile on my airofit, and then weighed in and was delighted to find that, while I didn't lose, I at least didn't gain! YAY!!! I was so thrilled, I went to the gym after school. And so I am back on track with my eating, and back on track with my excercising!

I am going to go again tomorrow also! I am within a lb of my 10% weight loss, which is very exciting! But I am also almost to the point where I am going to lose 2 points a day and be down to only 22 points! :eek: On the days I go to the gym, I will get 2 extra points - maybe I am going to have to work out every day? Or start using my bonus points I guess! Some days it is easy for me to stay within my 24 points, but some days I run out of points before I run out of day!!!!!

Hope all of you are hanging in there! Bill, I am going to my Barnes and Noble to get your book! It looks great! (If not, I'll order online - I just love any excuse to go in to B & N!!!)

Tomorrow bright and early I am off to the gym..... ;)

Bill, I am going to my Barnes and Noble to get your book! It looks great! (If not, I'll order online - I just love any excuse to go in to B & N!!!)

Lurkyloo--I'm very honored that you're getting my book and I look forward to your comments once you read it. :) If your local B&N doesn't have it (most don't), they can order it using the information contained on the B&N website: http://*****.com/hg78x

WTG on getting so close to your 10% That's always such an accomplishment. We're going today to a huge Home & Garden Show, which should get me some good walking exercise. I've walked 4 days this week, each time at least a mile. Didn't get it done yesterday, but will today.

We'll all keep our goals solid in our mind and our imagination. The more we can SEE it, the more it will motivate us.

Morning all!!

Lurky - keep up the great work!!! Exercising is very hard but I pretty much make myself go because I know that I will NOT lose the weight if I don't go!!

Today is my bad day to eat but will try and not over do it!!!

Have a great day!! :)

P. S. - Got my docs for my 1 night cruise!!!! Yahoooo!!!! :D

I did it! I had my weigh in and I did great, if I don't say so myself!

5 lbs lost! Yes! I'm doin' my dance!!

I'll pick up my star now, thank you!!

gold_star.gifWhoo Hooo!

I hope everyone else is doing great today and having a great OP day!! thanks everyone for your support.

Thanks Bill, I'm very proud of myself, I worked hard for it. I hope the same goes next week! I'm trying not to look like a beached whale on the cruise this year! :D LOL.

I thought the same when I saw your loss. But, I guess that just pushed me to do more!!

We really are each other's inspiration. Where is Terri? Hope all is well.

Sunday is a great day to lay back and reflect on my upcoming cruise!

explorer-of-the-seas-at-sea.jpg

Raina!!!!!!! Great job!!!! :D Way to go!!! Yahoooooo!!!!!!

I am here!! lol!!!! Just out and about!!! Past 2 days I have been bad!! Plus didn't exercise! Will have to make up for it this week for sure!!!! Tomorrow is a new day! Friday will be my official weigh in!

Hey Terri, I don't mean to pry, but i was just asking. I saw you posted sometime last year on the Bermuda thread about the dolphin experience. There was a lady that said it was soo cruel. Well anyway, do you know what the current pricing is on seeing the dolphins? $118.00 is so expensive!

Raina

p.s. glad to hear from you! ;)

Friday is your WI too? Isn't Bill's? Mine is Sunday. I look forward to a good report!

Archived