Covid Protocol Clarification

Jacqueline92689

Hi! I know there are many Covid threads but I can’t seem to find the answer to this specific question. I’ve asked 5 different NCL agents and have literally gotten 5 different answers so wondering if anyone has actual experience:

There are 6 of us going on the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska in May 2022. We are not officially booked yet as the answer to this question determines how we want to book.

There are two couples as well as me and a friend who do not live together. I am aware that we need to test 48 hours prior. My question is if she tests positive and I do not, what happens? Am I still allowed to go and half the fare is refunded?

One agent said yes that is correct, one agent said I could not go, one agent said I could go but there was no refund, one kept directing me to the website, and one told me I had to call the number.

If one of us would not be able to go and get a half refund if the other tests positive then we would book two separate rooms but I would prefer not to do this as it will cost a ton more. But I also don’t want to miss out on traveling with my other friends if this one friend tests positive. Help, please? 

Doubt that anyone can give you a definitive answer - but highly doubtful if you would get a half-refund, since cabin prices are based on double occupancy.  You'd get a refund on port taxes and DSC but not the fare, assuming they allow the other person to sail.

• Like 1

I suspect that everyone in the cabin would still be denied boarding.  In theory you might not have had any contact with your friend if they test at home, but there are also scenarios where you might have been together prior to them testing positive.  I'm not sure that NCL would want to try to sort that out on short notice.