Flight out of Boston

Coloradohawk

Never have cruised out of Boston before.  It appears that the airport isn’t very far from the cruise port.  Is a noon flight out of Boston reasonable?  Also looking for some updated info on a hotel for one pre cruise night.  Plus and minuses.  Thanks

7 hours ago, Coloradohawk said:

Never have cruised out of Boston before.  It appears that the airport isn’t very far from the cruise port.  Is a noon flight out of Boston reasonable?  Also looking for some updated info on a hotel for one pre cruise night.  Plus and minuses.  Thanks

Yes, Logan airport is very close.  As mentioned, just get a taxi or Uber and a noon time flight is very doable.

Depending on how many days you will fly in pre-cruise, depends on where you stay.  I'm from the area and also sailing out of Boston this year.  Prices are sky high, so you want to stay in the best area for your time and touring needs. If you only have one night, choose a airport hotel like Hyatt (not Hilton as the walls are paper thin), Embassy Suites, or the brand new Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites, which is adjacent to the Flynn ship terminal also know as Black Falcon Pier.  You won't need a car and parking is outrageous.

If you have two or more nights, stay in downtown Faneuil Hall Area.  I have reservations at both the Hilton Downtown Faneuil Hall and the Bostonian.  I still watching pricing and will let one go before August.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Be careful you don't book a hotel  near a Hospital area or too far out of the historic district.

Edited by Nanatravel

1 hour ago, Nanatravel said:

Yes, Logan airport is very close.  As mentioned, just get a taxi or Uber and a noon time flight is very doable.

Depending on how many days you will fly in pre-cruise, depends on where you stay.  I'm from the area and also sailing out of Boston this year.  Prices are sky high, so you want to stay in the best area for your time and touring needs. If you only have one night, choose a airport hotel like Hyatt (not Hilton as the walls are paper thin), Embassy Suites, or the brand new Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites, which is adjacent to the Flynn ship terminal also know as Black Falcon Pier.  You won't need a car and parking is outrageous.

If you have two or more nights, stay in downtown Faneuil Hall Area.  I have reservations at both the Hilton Downtown Faneuil Hall and the Bostonian.  I still watching pricing and will let one go before August.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Be careful you don't book a hotel  near a Hospital area or too far out of the historic district.

Thanks.  Great info.  We sail in October and am getting on it now.  Been too long between cruises.

Nanatravel, First time sailing out of Boston.  We have a reservation at the Bostonian where we have stayed previously as we love the ability to walk everywhere.   How far from the cruise terminal is the hotel?   Thank you for any information and suggestions.

2 hours ago, Zigster said:

We have a reservation at the Bostonian where we have stayed previously as we love the ability to walk everywhere.   How far from the cruise terminal is the hotel?

Its about a 10-15 min Uber ride to the cruise terminal from the hotel. It's in the Faneuil Hall area and is a great location if you want to walk around there, over to the North End, or to Beacon Hill. 

My personal favorite hotel in town is the Fairmont Copley Plaza which is going to put you more towards Back Bay and the better shopping in town as well as the Public Garden/Boston Common. 

Really there isn't much in Boston that isn't walkable.

There are quite a few newer hotels that are quite close to the cruise terminal, and South Boston has transformed dramatically since I last lived there about 12 years ago, but its still not a spot I would want to stay for a couple nights ahead of a cruise as it puts the main part of the city outside of walking distance.