Sorry, another C question! PCR tests in Orlando Port Canaveral?

mtm103

Hi all!

We are sailing end of March 2022 in Mariner B2B. We are coming from UK, where they are not vaccinating under 12. So my son will need a PCR test before boarding. We will need antigen tests. All 3 of us had covid in December. We are boosted and ready to go.. However as I am not in the US, no clue of the best place to go. Of course, I gogoled it, but as we do not have a car, there seems to be a lot of places we can't go.. also I am hearing of cancellations after booking the test.. we will be around Universal, so can anyone recommend the best/most reliable place to go? or if someone can come to our hotel? 

Thanks all

We just went hunting for covid tests in person in Orlando. It was very busy - but is probably because of the current situation and will be easier in March. Many sites said walk-in bookings welcome but the queues were very long.

As previously stated there is a testing site at the Orlando Airport. This for antigen tests was $65 not sure on PCR. An appointment would probably be advisable here.

There is the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall near Universal where we got ours for coming home. They are conducted by Covid Testing LLC which also does testing for Royal Caribbean. It was $75 for antigen tests and $175 for PCR tests. Appointments would also be advisable - but at this location appointments were just told to join the queue.

Some UK airlines are currently allowing free changes to bookings. BA is one. Some hotels are also offering changes. You could perhaps be able to change flights and manage to use UK testing for the USA entry and cruise and save a bit of money on testing, then add a few days on after the cruise - obviously that is in the current circumstances and who knows what might happen.

If that is not an option a telemonitored test in the USA for yourselves might save some $ then just the 1 PCR test at a site.

Edited by Bfsroyal

15 hours ago, Bfsroyal said:

We just went hunting for covid tests in person in Orlando. It was very busy - but is probably because of the current situation and will be easier in March. Many sites said walk-in bookings welcome but the queues were very long.

As previously stated there is a testing site at the Orlando Airport. This for antigen tests was $65 not sure on PCR. An appointment would probably be advisable here.

There is the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall near Universal where we got ours for coming home. They are conducted by Covid Testing LLC which also does testing for Royal Caribbean. It was $75 for antigen tests and $175 for PCR tests. Appointments would also be advisable - but at this location appointments were just told to join the queue.

Some UK airlines are currently allowing free changes to bookings. BA is one. Some hotels are also offering changes. You could perhaps be able to change flights and manage to use UK testing for the USA entry and cruise and save a bit of money on testing, then add a few days on after the cruise - obviously that is in the current circumstances and who knows what might happen.

If that is not an option a telemonitored test in the USA for yourselves might save some $ then just the 1 PCR test at a site.

Thank you. I really appreciate you coming back to me. I guess the main issue is leaving enough of a gap between the flight and cruise, especially if flights are delayed! Thank you!!

On 1/7/2022 at 3:32 AM, mtm103 said:

Hi all!

We are sailing end of March 2022 in Mariner B2B. We are coming from UK, where they are not vaccinating under 12. So my son will need a PCR test before boarding. We will need antigen tests. All 3 of us had covid in December. We are boosted and ready to go.. However as I am not in the US, no clue of the best place to go. Of course, I gogoled it, but as we do not have a car, there seems to be a lot of places we can't go.. also I am hearing of cancellations after booking the test.. we will be around Universal, so can anyone recommend the best/most reliable place to go? or if someone can come to our hotel? 

Thanks all

Whatever you do I would highly recommend you DO NOT do them at the airport. Every time I'm going to catch a flight I glace to the testing kiosks and they're the worst chaotic zoo you can imagine. I would suggest you look at CVS/Walgreens in that area or buy BinaxNow Telehealth tests (I'm assuming you have access to a computer or tablet or smart phone).

^I don't know what you mean, we've done Antigen and PCR rapids tests at MCO airport with Advent Health and they've been great every time.  We've had an appointment and been seen at or before our time with results within 30 min for Antigen and 60min for PCR. If you do it, make sure to get an appointment especially for PCR as those are much more limited. 

https://centracare.adventhealth.com/urgent-care/covid-19-testing-orlando-international-airport

2 hours ago, coldflame said:

Whatever you do I would highly recommend you DO NOT do them at the airport. Every time I'm going to catch a flight I glace to the testing kiosks and they're the worst chaotic zoo you can imagine. I would suggest you look at CVS/Walgreens in that area or buy BinaxNow Telehealth tests (I'm assuming you have access to a computer or tablet or smart phone).

Thank you!! Ok will cross airport out! Thank you!