Cruise on hold... always kiss of death?

Heather1972

11 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

I meant when did you get official notification versus seeing “cruise on hold” online. 

Oh sorry. It was not long after that. in the first case it was a matter of a week or so from going from you owe a deposit do not lose your cruise to official cancellation, In the second case (that was the gem) it was much longer. About two or three weeks. it was irritating because we initially called and they tried to duck the issue. We are still going etc etc. And they would even allow folks to buy the cruise for days after they knew it was not going. In fact in the second case, we told them we had been through this before. And the CC grudgingly admitted that it was on hold. And that was when we also found out they would be giving us FCC. That was an angry day.

1 hour ago, CaffinatedSwan said:

Well, my sig. other received that same email about 2 weeks ago, but I did not. Was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far, we ate still scheduled to cruise on the 16th. 

So....I dunno.

My husband and I book cruises together and may intermingled our credit card usage. Sometimes he gets informational emails and sometimes I do, but we almost never both get the email - but it still applies to both of us.

I suggest you take your SO's email seriously.

UPDATE Well, not canceled (yet lol) ! I contacted NCL online, he swore I owed money. Not true. So that was hopeless, he wanted me to submit a case online. Yeah ok, add that to the thousands out there I am sure. I called guest relations and explained to them that I am paid in full, but it says I owe money. They said it was a shore excursion problem! Transferred to shore excursions and after a 30 minute phone call, the issue is because of the latitudes tier change that happened this week. They are unable to do a work around to fix the problem (no, I don’t owe money) and we (everyone with same problem) needs to wait until the IT department fixes it. No ETA on when this will be fixed and it still might not be fixed by my sail date. *gasps*

Edited by Heather1972

16 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

UPDATE Well, not canceled (yet lol) ! I contacted NCL online, he swore I owed money. Not true. So that was hopeless, he wanted me to submit a case online. Yeah ok, add that to the thousands out there I am sure. I called guest relations and explained to them that I am paid in full, but it says I owe money. They said it was a shore excursion problem! Transferred to shore excursions and after a 30 minute phone call, the issue is because of the latitudes tier change that happened this week. They are unable to do a work around to fix the problem (no, I don’t owe money) and we (everyone with same problem) needs to wait until the IT department fixes it. No ETA on when this will be fixed and it still might not be fixed by my sail date. *gasps*

Did they say it could impact being able to board?  My mother has a similar issue, though hers shows a negative balance and is still prompting her to make a payment.  

Just now, ElizaSTN said:

Did they say it could impact being able to board?  My mother has a similar issue, though hers shows a negative balance and is still prompting her to make a payment.  

No, lots of people have this problem. NCL is aware.  I was told to not pay anything and ignore anything that looks like my cruise is being canceled for nonpayment. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, Heather1972 said:

No, lots of people have this problem. NCL is aware.  I was told to not pay anything and ignore anything that looks like my cruise is being canceled for nonpayment. 

I too am seeing the " Your  Cruise is on hold "page, has anyone been informed if/ when NCL will be fixing the glitch ?

One online chat agent suggested to clear computer cache/ cookies...nope...still there.

9 hours ago, janroatan said:

I too am seeing the " Your  Cruise is on hold "page, has anyone been informed if/ when NCL will be fixing the glitch ?

One online chat agent suggested to clear computer cache/ cookies...nope...still there.

NCL told me there’s no expected time frame to get it fixed. Clearing cache etc isn’t going to fix the problem. I just paid the $3.50 even though I don’t owe it,  to make it go away. Was causing me too much headache and problems.