Specific Instructions on FCC to Cash Refund for Cancelled Cruises

susanf31

Thanks. I’ve noticed they did away with the refund page that had all the requirements on who qualifies for a refund. Or at least I can’t find it. The last time I saw it a couple of weeks ago, it said that FCC issued under the POM policy since August 2021 was non refundable no matter what. Now I can’t find that anywhere. 

I’m booked using an FCC from a POM cancellation generated August 2021. Original fare was paid with my card but booked in another persons name. The FCC was then transferred to me and used for my January Encore booking. It is unclear whether I would be able to get a refund even if NCL cancels the sailing 

55 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

It's very hard to find on NCL's website so here is their specific instructions on how to get a refund instead of FCC.

NCL FCC to Cash.png

Read the question carefully. This only applies to people who previously had a sailing canceled by NCL and they opted to take the FCC + bonus FCC amount. This allows them to convert that FCC to a refund and forfeit the bonus FCC. 

Thank you for posting this as a photo.  I suspect this thread will be deleted fairly quickly, so I saved the photo on my computer for future reference.

Such a headache for so many people, so many hoops to jump through.

Hope we can all get back to sailing like the old days soon!

Here is the link to the fcc refund-- on the page there is the link to fill out the submission form to get the refund. I just went to the NCL page and put in under search option  fcc refund request and it came up.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/future-cruise-credit-refund-requests

submission form:https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/future-cruise-credit-refund-requests

I would also print out under your account in NCL  the fcc's you have and the numbers attached to them. For after Jan 31 they will disappear from the account.  SO if something should happen you have the numbers assigned to them and a print out.

8 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

Thanks. I’ve noticed they did away with the refund page that had all the requirements on who qualifies for a refund. Or at least I can’t find it. The last time I saw it a couple of weeks ago, it said that FCC issued under the POM policy since August 2021 was non refundable no matter what. Now I can’t find that anywhere. 

I’m booked using an FCC from a POM cancellation generated August 2021. Original fare was paid with my card but booked in another persons name. The FCC was then transferred to me and used for my January Encore booking. It is unclear whether I would be able to get a refund even if NCL cancels the sailing 

I printed it out. I think this is what you are referring to.

I can't find it now either. Maybe bc they changed to.the above. 

PXL_20220112_223817873.jpg

15 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

Yes this is it. Wonder if they are going to simplify the refund process? 

I know the submission form has not changed.  I put in for a refund Dec 6th and received an email that it was preliminarily approved. And now goes for final approval.  And could take up to 90 days. 

Good luck! I put in a request for a refund first week of November and received a preliminary approval email within days. Received my full refund to my credit cards this week. Not quite 90 days but a little over 2 months. I am sure they will be processing many requests though now with the surge and cancellations  I am very happy as we have been trying to use these credits and it has not worked out. Sad to let it go as we received 150% FCC because our cruise was scheduled to sail the day after the first shutdown in March 2020. We hope to cruise agains someday!

• Like 1