Additional pre-boarding test requirement now on Carnival - for longer cruises?

Froufie

Just saw this on the' other site' - looks like Carnival is moving towards an additional test pre-boarding (I believe NCL and Virgin are already doing this?) - wondering if other lines will be adding this as well?

image.thumb.png.e78dd7dee0eb8605acf685fb46337cc5.png

Edited by Froufie
  • Like 1

• Froufie changed the title to Additional pre-boarding test requirement now on Carnival - for longer cruises?

As well, note the itinerary changes.  Testing on testing and not going where you want complicates things even more.  I can deal with the additional testing on testing as it is for my own benefit and that of others at the end of the day.  But when you start being "locked out" of destinations you want to go to makes you REALLY start wondering on whether to cancel.  

• Like 1

Carnival has been doing this for a number of their longer cruises.

I remember reading about it on the Carnival section how the rules were different for cruises longer then 7 days.

The changes included more testing, and only vaccinated guests.

1 minute ago, ALD18 said:

As well, note the itinerary changes.  Testing on testing and not going where you want complicates things even more.  I can deal with the additional testing on testing as it is for my own benefit and that of others at the end of the day.  But when you start being "locked out" of destinations you want to go to makes you REALLY start wondering on whether to cancel.  

Ports have never been guaranteed, even before Covid.

At least Carnival is announcing these changes earlier, and allowing cancellations.

My cruise had Costa Maya cancelled because of high winds.

If you had a balcony and went outside at 2am you would agree it was windy. Acccording to the tv map the winds were at 70km? Even then people thought it was Covid related and were angry and upset all day because of the cancellation.