Carnival Panorama - Opinions solicited on cabin 6266 - Travelling SOLO

SS Uganda

Travelling SOLO:

For my last-minute cruise tomorrow on the Panorama, Carnival are claiming they "upgraded" me from cabin 2377 (1 single bed) which was just fine with me to cabin 6266 (2 twins or 1 king bed layout). 

I am not too happy about the location right by the Video Arcade and other kids' zones down the hall.

Any opinions or better yet first-hand experience from anyone who may have stayed in this particular cabin.

I like my cabins dark AND quiet!

Thanks for any input.

Btw: Cruise all paid for this morning, gift cards worked just perfect!

37 minutes ago, SS Uganda said:

Travelling SOLO:

For my last-minute cruise tomorrow on the Panorama, Carnival are claiming they "upgraded" me from cabin 2377 (1 single bed) which was just fine with me to cabin 6266 (2 twins or 1 king bed layout). 

I am not too happy about the location right by the Video Arcade and other kids' zones down the hall.

Any opinions or better yet first-hand experience from anyone who may have stayed in this particular cabin.

I like my cabins dark AND quiet!

Thanks for any input.

Btw: Cruise all paid for this morning, gift cards worked just perfect!

I got the same thing. Well I had a guarantee upper/lower and they assigned me a cabin like you got except almost all the way in the front of the ship on deck 7. I heard loud banging sounds until late at night. I'm convinced it was the Sky Zone trampoline park. Last month I was in the same area on Vista, which has the multiplex instead of the trampoline park, and not a peep. Oh man you're directly under the trampoline park. I'd try to move if you can.

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got the same thing. Well I had a guarantee upper/lower and they assigned me a cabin like you got except almost all the way in the front of the ship on deck 7. I heard loud banging sounds until late at night. I'm convinced it was the Sky Zone trampoline park. Last month I was in the same area on Vista, which has the multiplex instead of the trampoline park, and not a peep. Oh man you're directly under the trampoline park. I'd try to move if you can.

Thank you Greg,

Dang, so it's a double whammy from the Video Arcade next door AND the Trampoline Park above.

I am on hold with Carnival (and have been ever since you posted your reply). I do not know why they even "upgraded" me, I certainly was happy with what I had even though it was a simple, single bed cabin. Not to sound unappreciative of Carnival doing that but I am a believer of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 9:28 AM, SS Uganda said:

Thank you Greg,

Dang, so it's a double whammy from the Video Arcade next door AND the Trampoline Park above.

I am on hold with Carnival (and have been ever since you posted your reply). I do not know why they even "upgraded" me, I certainly was happy with what I had even though it was a simple, single bed cabin. Not to sound unappreciative of Carnival doing that but I am a believer of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset.

For future reference you can ask them to mark you as 'do NOT upgrade' and this won't happen to you.  I can't sail far forward or on an upper deck.  I pick my cabin and don't want to be move.  

I moved up to Deck 8 and then to Deck 9 forward balcony. You want cabins above you and below you as well as to the side of you for peace and quiet. I also like being forward or aft of all elevators and not above the pool.

Also Deck 9 has a outdoor deck at the front a few cabins up with stairs going up to the Lido deck. This will be my primary way of getting Breakfast at Blue Iguanas,Burgers and 24 hour pizza and ice cream.

I am a seasoned cruiser with over 90 nights with Royal,14 nights Princess,14 nights Cunard and now 7 nights Carnival. All since April 2012.! I have had everything from an Interior to a Balcony . I need my Balcony!

Edited by travelplus

On 1/21/2022 at 9:32 AM, Alegeeter said:

They've been moving around a lot of people on Deck 2 since they're saving sections of Deck 2 for COVID cases. perhaps they can move you to another cabin in the same category. that you were upgraded to.

I would pick Deck 9 forward if given an option!