Web Check-in Security Photo

McHaggis69

2 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

i just came here to search and found you have EXACT same problem as us...i was able to get wife checked in WITH picture taking on laptop working, then tried to do mine and NOTHING...the camera comes on with me on screen, but no "you are too close...or you are high, get lower" like my wife got when taking her pcture. I guess I will try again tomorrow, and if doesn't work will just show up with out being checked in! We cruise out of Southampton England on March 8.

I also tried on my Iphone, but there don't even get a picture screen...just blank.

I managed, after many tries, to get my picture taken using Chrome on my iPhone. A truly horrific photo with a "how can I get this %*&@ thing to work" look on my face.

No such luck for my wife. Finally, after many many more tries, now using the app, my wife's picture was taken. But then the app wanted to scan her passport (I had already entered all her passport info). No go. After many many minutes, I cancelled the passport scan and because of that, lost her photo.

I gave up and emailed my TA in frustration. She was able to get my boarding pass and luggage tags emailed to me. We'll deal with the photo at the port.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:38 AM, Essiesmom said:

Don’t worry about the picture, they will probably retake it anyway.  EM

the problem is without being able to load a picture it won't complete the check in.  I assume that isn't a problem, just showing up without being checked in...just frustrating (especially when wife took her pic and 5 minutes later I coudn't..using same device!

1 hour ago, dodger1964 said:

i just came here to search and found you have EXACT same problem as us...i was able to get wife checked in WITH picture taking on laptop working, then tried to do mine and NOTHING...the camera comes on with me on screen, but no "you are too close...or you are high, get lower" like my wife got when taking her pcture. I guess I will try again tomorrow, and if doesn't work will just show up with out being checked in! We cruise out of Southampton England on March 8.

I also tried on my Iphone, but there don't even get a picture screen...just blank.

I was finally able to get myself checked in.  Tried my wife and Son on 2 different phones, a laptop, and a Microsoft Surface with no luck.  Incredibly frustrating.  

I had the same problem as you guys. I did manage to have the picture taken on the app but then it wanted me to scan my passport and that didn't work too well. I decided to use my Chromebook instead and was able to input passport info manually, but when it came to the picture it was a no-go. I finally gave up and called MSC and the pleasant agent said that the picture will be taken at the port and  completed my check-in and promptly emailed it to me. (And I wasn't even put on hold!)

• Like 1

The picture will and most likely be retaken at the Port. In fact almost everything can be done at the port. I have never gotten my picture accepted by the app and always done at the check-in with the port contractor that handles the check-in. I even had my picture retaken by ship security because they didn't like it when I first scanned onto the ship even though it was done at the port.

Gawd, MSC website and app are the absolute worst. I can't even enter my address at the start of the check-in process. It doesn't recognize my zip code. And there is no way for me to type in my City and State.

I called them and they manually entered my address and issued my ticket and luggage tags. But, because I didn't complete the check-in online, I can't add any packages. They don't even show up as options.

Now I'm trying to take a photo with the app. It told me my face needs to be more illuminated. 😐🤬 What, I need to bleach my face? And there wasn't even a button to take the photo anyway.

14 hours ago, Jay Es said:

Gawd, MSC website and app are the absolute worst. I can't even enter my address at the start of the check-in process. It doesn't recognize my zip code. And there is no way for me to type in my City and State.

I called them and they manually entered my address and issued my ticket and luggage tags. But, because I didn't complete the check-in online, I can't add any packages. They don't even show up as options.

Now I'm trying to take a photo with the app. It told me my face needs to be more illuminated. 😐🤬 What, I need to bleach my face? And there wasn't even a button to take the photo anyway.

There is an orange button at the top of the address page marked "search." Click on that and it will fill out the address (who knew?) But since you called MSC and they entered your information manually and issued your edocs there is no need for you to take a picture, they will take it at the port. 

@suometar The problem is the way the form is set up. I enter my zip code and push the search button, but it finds nothing, because the virgin islands just isn't in their database, and there's no way for me to type it in. I went through the same problem applying for a Brazilian visa. It took weeks of daily emails before they added it.