Question about using child's FCC

jmcross

So, I cancelled a cruise and will be getting FCC for myself, my husband, and my son, 14.

We want to rebook this summer but my son no longer wants to go. Can my husband and I use his FCC given that he's a minor?

Technically, it was my money that paid for his portion originally.

Thanks for any insight you may have on this!

13 minutes ago, jmcross said:

So, I cancelled a cruise and will be getting FCC for myself, my husband, and my son, 14.

We want to rebook this summer but my son no longer wants to go. Can my husband and I use his FCC given that he's a minor?

Technically, it was my money that paid for his portion originally.

Thanks for any insight you may have on this!

Royal's official policy is that a parent can use a childs FCC if they are 12 and under.

That being said many have had success in getting this policy applied to guests under 21 as they cannot sail by themselves.

If the exception is granted the FCC stays in the childs name but is noted on the FCC that it can be applied to another person.

Call post cruise guest relations 800.256.6649

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had this happen on a cruise we were doing with our two granddaughters.  We had to get a letter from their parents (our daughter in this case) saying that they could not take a different cruise and it was okay for RCCL to transfer the credit to us.  As mentioned above the credit stays in the child's name but can be used by us.  We were able to use it on a cruise that we recently took (one that thankfully was not canceled).  It is my understanding that anyone on the same booking can transfer their FCC to another person on that booking using the same procedure, but I am pretty sure that is a temporary process (COVID-related) that may not continue.