Drink Packages Opinion

Caps_Shield

On 1/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, Caps_Shield said:

Spokesmodel??  Is this some shot at what John looks like?  He is a brand ambassador.  I bet I could do a great job at picking you apart.    

It was a simple question.  No need to pick on a person's looks or whatever the spokesmodel was for.  I think you know his title.

Jeez, rude much?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:24 PM, SNJCruisers said:

No need to wear asbestos underwear.  You just reinforced the mantra about Carnival being the Walmart of the Seas, congratulations. 😉

I am pretty sure the guy I saw in the MAGA hat and the American flag speedo is the reason it is the Walmart of the seas. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, Joebucks said:

I'm always intrigued by what people are willing to buy because "they're on vacation" and money goes out the window.

I couldn't imagine spending $160pp on milkshakes, sodas, coffees, etc. Apparently, since I've spent a lot more on the vacation, this charge is essentially a rounding error. I've never known any person in my life that would have ever made good use of such a thing (if there even is good use). Especially when water, juice, tea, and coffee are included and you can carry on soda. At best, they force down all of this sugar to "break even" and tell you how amazing the peace of mind was. 

If I had kids, I'd grab them their favorite 12 pack of soda and we'd buy a few other treats here and there. Hell, the soda on board is canned too. While I like my "conveniences" on vacation, there is a line where it becomes excessive. 

Carnival will not do this "middle ground" package as it doesn't make them money. Their model is working for them right now. A la carte is making them money. Cheers makes them even more money as many are obsessed with "unlimited" and scared to death of individual charges. 

Agreed; $160 pp is too much for non-alcoholic drinks. It also puts carnival between a rock and a hard place on the rules around it. With cheers it's all adults in the cabin. With this would it be all people in the cabin? Otherwise there would be too many people with 3 kids who get one package and their kids all share it. Or require it of everyone and get the people saying "of course my 3 year old won't use the package".  Soda is cheap enough that they don't care. Smoothies, milkshakes, specialty coffee, etc isn't as cheap.