Drink Packages Opinion

Caps_Shield

IMO, it's a shame that Carnival doesn't offer a middle ground beverage package.  My family was recently on a Royal ship and they had a package that included alcohol free blended drinks for the kids.  They loved it.  It is surprising to me that Carnival doesn't offer this.  Something between bubbles and Cheers.  Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

At least include other non-alcoholic drinks in the soda package.

Coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, non-alky frozen drinks, etc...

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

I know... I would still get Cheers...and hit close to 15 every day anyway... LOL!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, d-train said:

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

I know... I would still get Cheers...and hit close to 15 every day anyway... LOL!

I agree, I would still get Cheers.  I bet some sort of adder to bubbles would sell.  Maybe not though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d-train said:

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

The cost would be close to CHEERS pricing.

1 hour ago, d-train said:

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

Going on our 1st cruise in 8 years(damn kids and getting in the way of adult only vacations), any tips on the Cheers package? Also if we order a bottle of wine or a shot(not covered under Cheers) do those still count towards the 15?

Thank you for all you help and have a great day.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Caps_Shield said:

IMO, it's a shame that Carnival doesn't offer a middle ground beverage package.  My family was recently on a Royal ship and they had a package that included alcohol free blended drinks for the kids.  They loved it.  It is surprising to me that Carnival doesn't offer this.  Something between bubbles and Cheers.  Just my 2 cents. 

I wish they did have a few different options. 👍

Guest BasicSailor
12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If wishes were horses .. carnival chooses not to offer a big selection of drink pkgs. 

Maybe leave it in your comments for your cruise?

Which would be a complete waste of time.😁

4 hours ago, d-train said:

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The cost would be close to CHEERS pricing.

I got that package on Royal for $23 a day in November.  It includes everything d train said and protein shakes at the spa, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ,  etc. 

To me $23 per day is a lot for a drink package aimed at kids. Even most adults would not drink enough sweet drinks to justify the expense.  The price is necessary on the other cruise line is necessary since many who purchase it share the drinks among the family and friends. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I got that package on Royal for $23 a day in November.  It includes everything d train said and protein shakes at the spa, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ,  etc. 

It would be the coffee drinks for adults that drives up the  cost.  Soda is cheap, coffee and tea isn't but more importantly, the labor for baristas. 

8 hours ago, d-train said:

Add 3-4 bucks per day...

Royal charges 34 bucks a day before discount for their non alcoholic package.  At their best Cyber Monday 50% discount, it's 17 + gratuity or 20 bucks. Substantially more than 4 bucks over bottomless bubbles from Carnival.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

I get the Cheers package and just grab my kids a virgin daiquiri whenever they want one.   I have on my asbestos underwear so go for it.

• Haha 1

with you on wishing there was some middle ground for drink packages on Carnival.  I love the options on Celebrity - I just get a non alcohol drink package - since I mainly want the drink package for bistro coffee or bottled water.  But I do love the smoothies too that they will mix up for at any bar, too.  I don't remember the cost but it was far far less than cheers or any of the alcohol drink packages available on Celebrity.  I might buy a drink but it's infrequent.  There's no way I'd ever have more than 2 in a day.  Most days none.  

On 1/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, mfrometa said:

Going on our 1st cruise in 8 years(damn kids and getting in the way of adult only vacations), any tips on the Cheers package? Also if we order a bottle of wine or a shot(not covered under Cheers) do those still count towards the 15?

Thank you for all you help and have a great day.

best tip…keep an eye on your count down to 15.

it happens easier than one might think, if you are a drinker.

shots will count on the 15, if you avoid the souvenir shot glass that will never get used again or left in the cabin…lol! Also, the fun ship special when you board will be included if you avoid the souvenir cup that will never get used again, or left wherever you finish the drink…

bottle of wine? Not included, but you will get 25% off the ridiculous prices for a bottle. If there is a specific bottle that you just love, ok. Many are not offered as just a glass of wine to buy (again one of your 15). Just a small selection offered as a glass.

get the mocha chocolate getaway at least once, or more…

go to alchemy, try the all, ask for an original creation based on what you enjoy. A flavor or a liquor, even a spice.

we are going on Marie gras on a b2b this summer, looking forward to all the new bars and drinks!

21 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Royal charges 34 bucks a day before discount for their non alcoholic package.  At their best Cyber Monday 50% discount, it's 17 + gratuity or 20 bucks. Substantially more than 4 bucks over bottomless bubbles from Carnival.

Carnival soda package is $8 per day for adults and $6 for kids right now. 

23 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

2 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Carnival soda package is $8 per day for adults and $6 for kids right now. 

OK...and your response to my post means what?  My post was proving that RCI charges 34 at the most and 17 at the least for their non alcoholic package, which would be substantially more than the 8 bucks + 4 (12 total) that I was responding about.

I'm always intrigued by what people are willing to buy because "they're on vacation" and money goes out the window.

I couldn't imagine spending $160pp on milkshakes, sodas, coffees, etc. Apparently, since I've spent a lot more on the vacation, this charge is essentially a rounding error. I've never known any person in my life that would have ever made good use of such a thing (if there even is good use). Especially when water, juice, tea, and coffee are included and you can carry on soda. At best, they force down all of this sugar to "break even" and tell you how amazing the peace of mind was. 

If I had kids, I'd grab them their favorite 12 pack of soda and we'd buy a few other treats here and there. Hell, the soda on board is canned too. While I like my "conveniences" on vacation, there is a line where it becomes excessive. 

Carnival will not do this "middle ground" package as it doesn't make them money. Their model is working for them right now. A la carte is making them money. Cheers makes them even more money as many are obsessed with "unlimited" and scared to death of individual charges. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

OK...and your response to my post means what?  My post was proving that RCI charges 34 at the most and 17 at the least for their non alcoholic package, which would be substantially more than the 8 bucks + 4 (12 total) that I was responding about.

Ok, I was just telling folks what Carnival charges for the Bubbles program. Sorry if me responding offended  you. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

No need to wear asbestos underwear.  You just reinforced the mantra about Carnival being the Walmart of the Seas, congratulations. 😉

Carnival world's leading cruise line, Walmart world's number one retailer.  I see your point. Personally, I sail with Carnival and shop at Walmart because I enjoy getting value for my money. Plus, in 1990 I bought Walmart at $10 per share- see what it is now to determine if it was a good buy. (on other lines people share the drinks)

5 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Ok, I was just telling folks what Carnival charges for the Bubbles program. Sorry if me responding offended  you. 

No offense taken by your post, I was just curious as to why you quoted my previous post when all you wanted to do was list the cost of the bubbles program.  Happy sailing.

5 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Carnival world's leading cruise line, Walmart world's number one retailer.  I see your point. Personally, I sail with Carnival and shop at Walmart because I enjoy getting value for my money. Plus, in 1990 I bought Walmart at $10 per share- see what it is now to determine if it was a good buy. (on other lines people share the drinks)

If you have never heard the phrase about Carnival being the Walmart of the Seas then you obviously have never been on the Royal or Norwegian boards.  I will assume that Carnival is your line of choice and you have not taken the blinders off.  I was the same way many years ago until I learned what their competition was offering.

Variety is very nice when it comes to cruising.  Every line has their plusses and minuses but staying with a steady diet of only one line gets boring after awhile.  

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:46 AM, ilovesparky13 said:

Jesus calm down. Spokesmodel is a more common term than brand ambassador for what he does. You are offended over nothing. 

Spokesmodel is absolutely not a common term for what he does.  Spokesperson, as was pointed out, is.  

• Like 1