Port times

sboh

I’m going on a California Coastal cruise on the Discovery Princess and for Santa Barbara (tender port) it says we’ll be in port until 4pm. Does that mean we have to be back at the tender port by 4pm or do we sail at 4pm? If we sail at 4 what time would I need to be back at the tender port? I’m taking a ship excursion in the morning (ends 11:30) and I want to buy a ticket to the art museum (special Van Gogh exhibit) for the afternoon and need to select an entry time. Thanks for your help.

With a tender port they will tell you when the last tender leaves to return to ship, usually if ship is set to leave at 4 the last tender will usually be around 3 as everyone must be onboard at least half an hour before the ship sets sail.  Don't know if that helps exactly since they won't tell you until you board your ship but hopefully will give you a guideline for your ticket times 😄 

Thanks all, very helpful! I got a ticket for entry between 1 and 2 pm. I should be able to get there closer to 1 as my morning tour ends at 11:30. I’m hoping to walk up State St to the museum (30 mins) and hopefully get some lunch on the way. Any suggestions?