The Breeze doesn’t make Cozumel

agmomcruiser

Heard from a family member currently on 1/27 sailing of the Breeze. Ship had to turn around for crew medical emergency so there was not enough time to make Cozumel. They tried to make Progresso instead but winds were too high to dock. 4 night cruise to nowhere is better than no cruise at all!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Sadly, the reports have been showing up here and elsewhere with missing ports.

Edited by BasicSailor

1 hour ago, agmomcruiser said:

Heard from a family member currently on 1/27 sailing of the Breeze. Ship had to turn around for crew medical emergency so there was not enough time to make Cozumel. They tried to make Progresso instead but winds were too high to dock. 4 night cruise to nowhere is better than no cruise at all!

We just got back today, vista. We were in Cozumel Thursday. Seas were very rough the entire way back. So yeah I can see Progresso begin difficult to dock at

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, babygrljaz said:

We just got back today, vista. We were in Cozumel Thursday. Seas were very rough the entire way back. So yeah I can see Progresso begin difficult to dock at

Did you make all your ports?

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Yes. It was just coming back across the gulf that was bad

Thanks, I haven't cruised the Vista during the winter months, so Iwas curious.  Being that class of ship hope you didn't rock and roll to much 😉

We just got off the Breeze (are on our way to the airport) and yes this has been an interesting cruise. A good reminder that in these times, things can definitely not go as planned. In addition, there is a huge accident (car/semi) on the freeway leading into Galveston with traffic backed up for miles, so people heading to the ship might be delayed.

Anyway, we were initially offered a $25 credit for missing cozumel. Then after we couldn't dock in Progresso, we were given 50% of our cruise fare back and 50% off a future cruise. 

No, I would never expect to get gratuities back, in fact I felt really bad for the crew. They had just had their contracts extended by one month, and then they ended up with no sea days to rest on this voyage.

Oh... And capacity was better than I expected. 2400 passengers.

Tough go. Hope the next one is better.

The Gulf has been unforgiving this winter. We have rain bands moving in to Galveston now for a wet sail away for the Breeze today.

Not to rub it in, but here are a few from our trip in November. We loved Erin as our cruise director.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/d6DHtHHjYrjNobtd9